Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside’s ‘Vacancy’ Gets Apple Music Pre-Release

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

Happy birthday to me!

3. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

If Apple Music start getting pre-release exclusives, that's very cool. Time to give this a spin!

mattylikesfilms and Dan O'Neill like this.
  4. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Oh hell yes.

5. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

They've been getting them for some time now. Spotify can't compete with their connections and content deals.

DejaMoi and Dan O'Neill like this.
  6. jorbjorb

7 rings

how is it guys?

7. noKings

Regular

Come onnnnnn

8. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

I'm okay with exclusives like this where it's just an early release. The stuff I'm not cool with is artists going to one streaming service only for an extended period.

Luckily most of the bands I listen to can't afford to limit themselves so severely... which is a bittersweet thing to say in itself. Only the Swift's, Adele's, and Kanye's can. Or at least do it successfully.

Really wish the music industry would all come together to benefit ALL parties involved. It's astonishing how backwards such a massive industry is.

9. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Ah, cool! I knew iTunes used to but I hadn't seen any albums that I was waiting on come up early in AM.

10. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I'm still on my first listen right now but really digging "I've Been Dead All Day" and "Not Fair." I know it's tough for Bayside to be labeled as anything other than the same old, but those songs definitely gave me different vibe.

Liking it more than Cult immediately!

11. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

I'm a really big fan. They've added some more subtle piano and stuff like that in a couple places, but it's still Bayside with maybe a more aggressive touch. Lots of vocal harmonies and huge choruses too.

jorbjorb likes this.
  12. bloodinthesand

Regular

did it get taken down?

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Nice! I am appreciating my membership to Apple Music more and more each week!

14. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I'm venturing a guess this will be bayside's last album

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

What makes you say that? I mean this is what.. their seventh album? You could be right but I'm just curious why?

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

So does Apple pay anything for streaming the album a week early or nah?

17. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I just think their time has come and gone. I realize that will piss a lot of fans off. But their last album, and what I've heard of their new one, is just a sharp decline from what they've done in the past.

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Weird comment to make and I HIGHLY doubt this is their last album. In fact, Anthony was just talking about future albums in a video post the band posted on their Facebook page.

Their last album also was their highest Billboard charting album ever. I bet this charts just as well.

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That's fair. I don't think their albums have been a sharp decline but I do think their best record by far will always be The Walking Wounded. Their records haven't lived up to that and I don't think any ever will in my eyes.

20. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Yeah see i'm not aware of all that, how well their albums have been charting, etc. So i can be way off base. But i still think they're hanging it up soon.

21. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Killing Time is my favorite Bayside record.

SamLevi11 and JRGComedy like this.
  22. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

stuckinvhs likes this.
  23. TMS2787

Trusted

Looking forward to listening to this but at the same time my personal expectations aren't that high. We'll see!

24. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Stuttering on their last album is one of my favorite songs by them

ilikedesigning likes this.
  25. bloodinthesand

Regular

agreed