Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – August 12th, 2016

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Today brings us the first volume of the Stranger Things soundtrack, so I’m gonna be playing that a whole lot. There’s also the release of the new Young the Giant album, which I think is really solid and worth a listen. If you hit read more you can see all the releases we have in our calendar for the week. Hit the quote bubble to access our forums and talk about what came out today, what albums you picked up, and to make mention of anything we may have missed.

Atmosphere – Fishing Blues
    Blind Pilot – And Then Like Lions
    Blood on the Dance Floor – Scissors
    Brendan Canning – Home Wreaking Years
    Justin Moore – Just Kinda Don’t Care
    Of Montreal – Innocence Reaches
    One Republic – Kids
    PartyNextDoor – Partynextdoor 3 (P3)
    Pfarmers – Our Puram
    Rae Sremmurd – Sremmlife 2
    Savoir Adore – The Love That Remains
    Stranger Things – Soundtrack (Volume 1)
    The Amity Affection – This Could Be Heartbreak
    The Moles – Tonight’s Music
    The Pack A.D. – Positive Thinking
    The Pinapple Thief – Your Wilderness
    Thee Oh Sees – A Weird Exits
    Three Oh Sees – Weird Exit
    Young the Giant – Home of the Strange

2. sawhney[rusted]2 Aug 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 12, 2016)
    sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Excited to give that OneRepublic album a listen...Native caught me by surprise. Been way too long

nvm; its just the single :/

macbethfan likes this.
  3. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Turns out that the only release that I was really looking forward today (Cold Years -Death Chasers) isn't actually out until tomorrow, so I'm disappointed.

Also, it's been on bandcamp for a few weeks so I don't really count it, but Fury - Paramount is officially out today and it's really good.

4. Cody Butler

Regular

Blind Pilot's first new record in 5 years is out today and it's incredible. I'll also be checking out the new of Montreal.

I expect to be listening to the Stranger Things soundtrack a little too much.

And I'm REALLY holding out some hope that Bon Iver surprise releases their new record after the show tonight.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  5. xenoabe

Regular

Young the Giant. All Day.

thrilliam likes this.
  6. jakeryandesigns

Young The Giant.
    I enjoy it much more than their last record!

I'll be spinning this for awhile...

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

8. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

"The Depression Sessions" - a split release from Fit For An Autopsy, The Acacia Strain and Thy Art Is Murder.

Also going to check out the third Omar Rodriguez Lopez release for 2016 (Blind Worms, Pious Swine) and new Spirit Adrift.

9. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Bayside-"Vacancy"
    The Amity Affliction-"This Could Be Heartbreak"
    Thy Art Is Murder, The Acacia Strain & Fit for An Autopsy-"The Depression Sessions EP"
    Young The Giant-"Home of the Strange"

Singles:
    Anthony Green-"A Reason to Stay"
    Butch Walker-"Wilder in the Heart"
    Green Day-"Bang Bang"
    Grouplove-Do You Love Someone"
    Joyce Manor-"Fake I.D."
    Norma Jean-"Forever Hurtling Towards Andromeda"

10. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

Checking out the Stranger Things soundtrack and Brendan Canning's new record. Neither of these were on my Apple Music 'New' page, but Olafur Arnalds has a new album or EP that was, so I'm gonna grab that too.

11. AidanCloakit

I'm looking forward to checking out mostly singles today from Keaton Henson, Regina Spektor, Anthony Green, Norma Jean. Might give the Young the Giant album a listen.

I'm also really excited to give the three-track "Songs from Final Fantasy XV" that Florence + the Machine just put out.

12. jorbjorb

7 rings

young the giant for me

13. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Stellar Young released their live album, "Woodstock Sessions: Volume 5" today as well.

Live recordings of their songs, plus I believe two new songs (Levee and Rations) and even an old song when they were The City Never Sleeps.

Modern, alternative rock. All their music name your own price on their bandcamp. Totally recommend to all.

14. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I think Young the Giant and Blind Pilot are the two for me this week

Chris Prindle likes this.
  15. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Almost died when I read "Amity Affection"

16. ianzandi

Regular

Singles: Saint Motel, Green Day, John mark McMillan, Regina spektor, Norah jones, Joyce Manor, The white stripes, grouplove

Albums: of Montreal, Young the giant, stranger things

Advance streams: John Paul white and Ages and ages

Fingers crossed for Bon iver and/ or frank ocean later today

17. chuwaay

Amity AFFLICTION baby

18. Jake W

Oh my The Amity Afflcition album is bad.

19. mattav152

Haven't listened to the LP yet but heard the first single and my expectations were lowered sooooo far after that. Super cringy lyrics and basic as fuck instumentals. If its what I expect, its probably wicked soft compared to any of their stuff pre-let the ocean take me. Their music used to be so fun to me. Sucks they took this route.

20. Jake W

They've been on a steady decline album after album for me. I loved Youngbloods, but since then they've basically made the same album again and again, but a bit less interesting each time. This album is so boring.

21. Juraraw

I've been looking forward to Young the Giant for a long time. All the singles have been great. Can't wait to see how the full album turns out!

22. CMilliken Aug 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 12, 2016)
    CMilliken

Trusted

Pretty slow week for me. Will definitely listen to Young The Giant. Moose Blood and Capsize are still on heavy repeat.

Edit: Also looks like Microwave dropped another single called Busy.

23. mattav152

The last records I liked by them was Chasing Ghosts. Last one that actually sounded like the Amity Affliction I grew so fond of. Now I feel like they're trying to cater to the whole "This band saved my life, 14 yr old kids who went to Warped Tour with their mom" crowd

Jake W likes this.
  24. Grant

New Porter Robinson/Madeon single.