Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DJ Khaled Has the Number One Album in the Country

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

DJ Khaled has the number one on the Billboard charts this week, Drake moves to number two, and Twenty One Pilots are at number three.

The set earned 95,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Aug. 4, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 59,000 were in traditional album sales — DJ Khaled’s largest sales week since 2007.

2. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

How many times does he say his name on this album?

Mr. Serotonin and ChaseTx like this.
  3. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Literally have no clue who this is haha

Is he this generation's version of DJ Clue or Funkmaster Flex?

Schooner likes this.
  4. dubey

Regular

Kind of find that hard to believe considering how big he was on the internet and social media over the last year

He's also produced 'All I do is Win', 'I'm on One', and a bunch of other hits. Says his name a lot all over his tracks.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  5. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Oh. Hm. Can't say I'm familiar with him. Don't pay very close attention to much of social media outside of my FB feed.

6. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

WE DA BEST

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  7. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I mean hes been pretty popular off and on since 2008. I'm so hood was everywhere.

8. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

while your general sentiment is correct, as a pedant i must point out that khaled did not in fact produce those songs (or really any of his hits)

9. dubey

Regular

Really? Isn't that what he does? lol

I have no idea. I just see his name on the track and assume it's his.

10. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Nah he's mostly just a dude with a Rolodex. He produces beats every once in a while but I think even his first album only had two beats he even co produced.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I honestly only know All I Do is Win. Beyond that I just know him from bring in random rappers videos without actually doing anything. I kinda thought he was everybody's best friend in the rap game.
    Oh yeah, and he loves shoes.

Schooner likes this.
  12. Phillip

BOO

Look, all I know is, thanks to DJK, I am both smart AND loyal.

13. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

Are we going to get another video of him in the Bahamas?

14. Schooner

Trusted

Yeah I'm with you I see his face on memes but have no friggen idea who he is

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

god punk kids suck

ChaseTx likes this.
  16. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

According to lyrics I just searched through, 12 times (almost exclusively in the intro). Once per track except he didn't do it on two tracks (Interlude and last track). Not willing to actually listen to it to confirm that he doesn't say it on those tracks though;-)

17. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Haha you've done God's work.

18. Shenevercalled

Newbie Supporter

Someone notify H3H3