Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Joyce Manor Announce New Album and Stream New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Joyce Manor will release Cody on October 7th via Epitaph Records. Pre-orders are now up, the first single can be streamed below, and the track listing and press release are there as well. The album was produced by Rob Schnapf.

Track Listing

1. Fake I.D.
    2. Eighteen
    3. Angel In The Snow
    4. Do You Really Want To Not Get Better?
    5. Last You Heard Of Me
    6. Make Me Dumb
    7. Over Before It Began
    8. Reversing Machine
    9. Stairs
    10. This Song Is A Mess But So Am I
    Press Release

Acclaimed Californian band Joyce Manor – Barry Johnson (vocals and guitar), Chase Knobbe (guitar), Jeff Enzor (drums), and Matt Ebert (bass) – have announced the release of their anticipated new album entitled Cody which arrives in stores this October 7th, care of Epitaph. It is the follow-up to the band’s 2014’s critically-lauded record Never Hungover Again.
    While the band’s Epitaph debut Never Hungover Again was recorded in a mere ten days, Cody is the result of two months in the studio with renowned producer Rob Schnapf, credited on classics by Elliot Smith, Guided By Voices, Saves The Day and Rancid among others. As the band’s guitarist and singer Barry Johnson explains, “It was the first time we really used the studio to our advantage. I felt like I could get a better grasp on what we could do. We always recorded like a punk band—go in and lay ‘em down! Just get good takes! And this time we tried a lot more.” The result is a record that dares to be humble, intimate and unapologetically human. Cody is the album where the band moves past simple pop and punk. It’s a moment for clarity and creative renewal. Without losing any of the emotional power fans love, the band is defiantly looking towards the future.

[​IMG]

2. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

You're all welcome.

3. SayHello

Regular

This is awesome.

4. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Great tune. And this album is gonna be released on October 7th, the same day new Dance Gavin Dance and new Balance & Composure will be out as well, I'm so excited.

5. don't fret

This is great! Strong Saves vibes on this one for sure

6. razorburn

Trusted

Digging this a lot.

7. This band just keeps getting better. I think I'll spin S/T today. October 7th is gonna be a great day.

8. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

Hype engaged.

Christian Romero likes this.
  9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This is hilarious and awesome

10. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Like the song, great album cover, my dog's name is Cody lol

11. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

Sounds like this album might not be for you :/

cubsml34 likes this.
  12. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

I dig this band always

13. SoundInTheSignals

@Bake_Wear / soundinthesignals.com

This is awesome!

14. joshuaharris

Love it.

15. fran.182

Regular Prestigious

First song from them I can get into. That bodes well for the album. :)

Also, the artwork is sublime...