Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Get Up Kids #Demomagic

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Awesome! Who else thinks they will go back to their old sound for this next record? *fingers crossed*

teebs41 likes this.
  3. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

If they attempt to, I'm sure it'll sound more like Guilt Show than anything else.

fenway89 likes this.
  4. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

can't wait!

5. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Guilt Show was great, if be down for that

cherrywaves, teebs41 and Bayside 182 like this.
  6. ballroomtrance

Regular

Okay, I never really got into The Get Up Kids. However, Guilt Show is one of my favorite albums of all time. I feel like people that like this band don't like it nearly as much as their other work. Why is that? Personally, I think Four Minute Mile is a trainwreck and On A Wire is better but I still can't listen to it with enjoyment.

7. Kuri44

Something To Write Home About and There Are Rules are my favorites. Excited for what's to come next.

Tylar likes this.
  8. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Guilt Show is still #1 in my book, but There Are Rules is grossly underrated.

fenway89 and Kuri44 like this.
  9. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I personally thought it sounded bland after how different their first 3 LPs were. Guilt Show sounded like a rocked up New Amsterdams record without some of the character that I expected from GUK. I don't dislike it, but I probably revisit it much less than other GUK or New Ams for that matter.

10. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Yes! Great news.

11. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

There Are Rules is so underrated

12. thenewline

Oldtimer

That's because TGUK where pretty much broken up and fighting like crazy during that time. If you ever hear Pryor speak, he'll tell you that The Guilt show wasn't the best of times for them Hahahah

13. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Haha this is the truth, they hated each other during that period.

14. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Sometimes turmoil creates great art though, not just a filler album. New Ams Killed or Cured happened from the same tumultuous period and it's fantastic.

fenway89 likes this.
  15. Tylar

Nice! It would be cool if they blended the sound of There Are Rules and Something To Write Home About

16. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

On of my favorite bands, can't wait!