Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! at the Disco – “Bohemian Rhapsody”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Hunter Norman

Regular

So good! They always do a great job with this one live, as well

3. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

that sounded pretty great. i'm excited for this soundtrack

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This is the first time I've ever heard a recorded version of this song by anyone other than Freddie. It was so weird when he started singing.

Brandon does an awesome job here though. I'm trying to think of any band I think could actually do more justice to the cover and really all I can think of is fun. Panic seems like a perfect fit for this song.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  5. ianzandi

Regular

Panic and fun. did a song together called "c'mon" and it blows my mind.

Mxpx covered "Somebody to Love" with The Rocket Summer and it was alright.

Nevershoutnever's cover of Bohemian is atrocious

6. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Their collaboration on "C'mon" is insane. I thought I read somewhere that they recorded more songs together...or they had plans to?

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

C'mon is an incredible song. I will always be so grateful I got to see them do it live when fun. opened for Panic a few years back. Truly an incredible performance.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  8. ianzandi

Regular

For real? Ah man I wish that were true but it seems hard enough to get fun alone to record together these days. Harsh Lights probably came from those sessions

9. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Always found this one quite impressive

10. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Of course they didn't change too much, and I'm no big Queen fan, it sounds really good, well done!

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I saw the same thing, I think that was back in 2011? Great show.

12. Fox83

Trusted

This was way better than I expected. I thought for sure I'd cringe at this, even though I do like Brendon's voice.

13. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

I've just listened to the full studio version and it's really good, Brendon's voice really fits this song.

Also, I've always loved this:

14. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Well.....the guitarist and bassist are lip synching when they do it live but, to be fair, Brendon does hit those notes pretty well.

15. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

I swear if they continue to play this fucking cover live after this tour... I mean, I'm still going to go. But I've seen Panic! play this cover live 5 times now and I'm done.

16. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Not a bad cover and he's good enough vocally to pull it off, but it's so close to the original (as it should be) that I can't imagine why somebody would rather listen to this when the original is absolutely flawless.

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I agree. It's cool to see live, but absolutely no reason to release a studio version if it's not unique or different than the original.

18. oneeightytwo

Regular

This is just a reminder at how perfect a song the original is.