Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Instagram Adds “Stories”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Josh Constine, writing at TechCrunch:

People only post the highlights of their life on Instagram, so today the app adds its own version of “Stories” to poach goofy, off-the-cuff, everyday content from Snapchat. It works exactly like Snapchat Stories, allowing you to post 24-hour ephemeral photo and video slideshows that disappear. But because Instagram Stories appear at the top of the old feed, your followers will inevitably see them without you needing to build a new audience in a different app.

I mean, yeah, it is a clone of Snapchat’s feature, but it is also exactly why I post rarely to Instagram and post stupid things all the time on Snapchat.

2. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Ugh why

3. ZeoVGM

Regular

Have they added the ability to look at your timeline in fucking chronological order again, instead of them deciding what you want to see for you?

I've barely been on Instagram since they implemented that change and I know a few people who feel the same way.

carlosonthedrums and jols like this.
  4. notbrokejustbent

Seriously, I fucking hate Instagram now since they did that. I have been on maybe twice in a few weeks.

5. billcom6

I don't have a problem with this new Stories feature, but the design is fucking horrible. I don't want this shit taking up the top of my screen every damn time I open Instagram.

6. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

lol

7. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

100% agreed, it's super annoying

8. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I love posting to Snapchat I just wish I had more followers lol. Maybe I'll try this Instagram thing now. Don't post much to IG unless it's super cool.

I hate having to decide where to post stuff.

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

My first thought in regards to it being right there at the top of your news feed.

10. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Oh come on. Unless you're a World War II vet, I probably don't give a shit about your story.

...I fear change.

Zac Djamoos, Zilla and coleslawed like this.
  11. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

I actually like it lol. I think it's done way more elegantly then snapchat. I think snapchat has gotten too bloated of an app and takes too long to load just stories when I don't care about Joe Jonas's hair and shirtless photo

12. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Cha-ching.

13. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Eh, I get where they're going with this, but until I can morph my face into a hundred unnecessary things I'll keep Snapchat as the prime way to annoy my friends.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

It's kind of grown on me. Just going through and see when a new one pops up is pretty cool, aside from all your typical Instagram features.

15. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

And I can actually see people in bands using this who don't feel comfortable giving out personal snapchat names when they can just use this and have a good following already on Instagram

16. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I will probably watch them and I like the interface but I can't see myself keeping up with posting both snapchat and ig stories. And lets be honest, the filters are the best part of snapchat and they are owning that game. IG pales in comparison there.
    Plus there is the fact that IG doesn't tell you when someone takes a screenshot, like snapchat does.

17. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Eh, there's just something about Instagram I can't get into, makes me feel a little left out