Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Manchester Orchestra and Julien Baker? Sign Me Up.

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

lightning13 and fenway89 like this.
  2. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

yeah, I need to know what this is ASAP. also, I am so happy she is getting all of this attention/respect from other artists. she has gone from barely putting out an LP to working with Jeremy and Touche Amore and now Andy Hull.

3. [​IMG]

4. Will Montei

This is an odd, delightful collaboration. I'll be interested to see what comes of it!

5. atlastitsok

Regular

So stoked for this. Love Andys collaborations with others - still wish they'd drop another song with frightened rabbit.

They are going to kill it!

Guys Named Todd likes this.
  6. hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype

7. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I'd kill for an entire album like that Frightened Rabbit collab. It's so good.

There's just no way Andy + Julien won't end in something amazing.

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the touche thing makes a lot of sense from the start though, she's on the label touche started on

coleslawed and sean_rugy like this.
  9. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I wonder if Scott continuing to live on this side of the Atlantic would make it easier or harder for them to collaborate? - seeing as he's long distance from the rest of Frabbits, but closer to ManOrch. Likewise I loved that (was the first Record Store Day release I was desperate to snag), and have hoped they'd do more together. Bad Books demonstrates how well they can partner with other established artists.

10. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

still, it doesn't discredit how awesome it is

11. serotonin

who told you this room exists?

I saw a Julien Baker interview where she discussed her favorite artists. David Bazan, Aaron Weiss and Andy Hull were the ones mentioned and I was so excited. I hoped she would do a cover of a Right Away, Great Captain! song, but I didn't expect this.

Everyone should check out her cover of Accident Prone by Jawbreaker as well as her Audiotree session. They are amazingly good.

Chris Prindle and coleslawed like this.
  12. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

SIGN ME THE FUCK UP

13. Stage Banter

A music review podcast.

There's a Pedro the Lion quote in the caption. Possible covers split?

coleslawed likes this.
  14. CMilliken

Trusted

This is exciting!

15. serotonin

who told you this room exists?

Nice catch! How funny if a few months ago, Julien Baker professes her adoration of Andy Hull and David Bazan, and now is working with one of them to cover the other's songs. Whether new songs or covers, I'm excited.

Stage Banter likes this.
  16. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Imagining those 2 voices together...can't wait!

serotonin and AshlandATeam like this.
  17. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

This is going to turn out great, whatever it is

18. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

good, she needs more exposure so this will be massive for her. i also love most of man orch's music, so that's a bonus

19. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That's awesome, I really hope she stays in this scene and collaborates with bands like MO and TA more often :)

20. maddiekayray

Who's scruffy-lookin'?

Wild to see her going from covering "The River" at house shows with Forrister et al and all of us screaming along to this. She loves & adores Andy as much as the next Manchester/Bad Books fan and I can only expect some real magic from this collab.

21. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

This is going to be magical!