Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thank You Descendents!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

My sincere thanks to the Descendents for sponsoring Chorus this week. The band released their brand new album (and first in over a decade), Hypercaffium Spazzinate, yesterday and you should definitely go give it a listen or pick it up. Do you like pop-punk? Curious where a good portion of your favorite bands picked up that sound? These guys are one of the first, and best, to ever do it. The new album is no exception. It’s full of fast, fun, and catchy pop-punk music.

Dates for their North American tour kick off September 15th in Minneapolis at First Avenue and wrap up November 12th in Portland at Roseland Theater. The full tour routing can be found below.

Sept 2-5 Denver, CO – Riot Fest
    Sept 15 Minneapolis, MN – First Avenue
    Sept 16-18 Chicago, IL – Riot Fest
    Sept 22 San Diego, CA – SOMA
    Sept 24 Pozo, CA – Pozo Saloon
    Sept 29 San Francisco, CA – Warfield Theatre
    Oct 01 Los Angeles, CA – Hollywood Palladium
    Oct 06 Boston, MA – The Royale
    Oct 08 New York, NY – PlayStation Theater
    Oct 13 Philadelphia, PA – Electric Factory
    Oct 15 Silver Spring, MD – The Fillmore
    Nov 09 Seattle, WA – Neptune Theatre
    Nov 10 Seattle, WA – Neptune Theatre
    Nov 12 Portland, OR – Roseland Theater

My thanks to Descendents and Epitaph Records for sponsoring Chorus this week.

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. CMilliken

Trusted

I don't know why but it's really cool to see bands support the site. Their new album is my first encounter with them and I really enjoy it. Will be visiting their Discog.

Laura, Ivan, Dan O'Neill and 3 others like this.
  3. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

It's so cool to see a band I've loved for almost two decades supporting this site. Love the new album.

Jake W and JRGComedy like this.
  4. theredline

Trusted Supporter

It's debatable but their best and my favorite is Everything Sucks....amazing record. The new one is great too!

Dan O'Neill and Nate_Johnson like this.
  5. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The new album might be my favourite of theirs. It's so good.

6. theredline

Trusted Supporter

And I can't wait to see that show at First Ave...saw them in '97 with Less Than Jake at the same venue. One of my all time favorite shows!!!

Laura, Essie and Dan O'Neill like this.
  7. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I agree PC

Laura likes this.