Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chainsmokers – “Closer” (feat. Halsey)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

End of the video was great. haha. Chainsmokers are a consistently solid group, this pairing was solid. Anybody know the whereabouts of the video location?

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  3. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Totally underestimated this band when they came out with Selfie. I really thought they were going to be a one-hit wonder and now they're everywhere.

4. man i love halsey so much.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  5. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Wow I'm really digging this.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

their music doesnt really work in a narrative form like this, not into it. they drop duds and bangers in equal measure, i'll just wait for the next one i guess.

7. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Not feeling this much at all

8. jorbjorb

7 rings

Such a catchy tune

9. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Yeah, was not into this one whatsoever. Who was the dude singing? Is Halsey a group? Or is one of the Chainsmokers a singer too?

10. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

I think one of them sings, Halsey is a solo act

11. Hagysaurus

I cannot get this chorus out of my head. This song is so catchy.

12. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Same here. Plus, I literally think that song is one of the worst songs ever written. I feel like I got rickrolled.

ConArdist likes this.
  13. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Absolutely cannot tolerate these fools, but I have to smile politely b/c my bro opened for them. The kids did not get the point of #Selfie, and though their music has moments of bliss the rest is crap. But I was beefing w/ Cherub for a year so that's just me. I'm an EDM producer who hates that scene.

14. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

And the kids didn't the narcissism behind the song. They're like, "cool, Ima take me some moar selfiez!" >:-(

15. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i think pretty much everyone understood that it was sarcastic bro

St. Nate likes this.
  16. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Not the younger kids around here. Yeah, the 27 year olds like me got it.

17. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

maybe leave the teenagers alone lol theres nothing wrong with taking selfies you just sound like a bitter old man

18. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

LMAO you're not serious. Get that learner's permit yet?>-p

19. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

One of my favorite things to do at shows as an "old" 31-year-old is to see kids taking selfies and just ask them if they want me to take the picture for them. They give me a kind of funny look then say sure. You take a few pictures, give them the phone back, and they typically stop taking more pictures at that point.

20. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Haha that's great! I'm a 27 yo geezer. Just not really sure what Chaplain was trying to achieve. [​IMG]