Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance to Release ‘The Black Parade / Living With Ghosts (10th Anniversary...

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

My Chemical Romance will release The Black Parade / Living With Ghosts (10th Anniversary Edition) on September 23rd. The bundle is now up for order on the band’s website.

Track Listing

DISC 1

1. The End
    2. Dead
    3. This Is How I Disappear
    4. The Sharpest Lives
    5. Welcome To The Black Parade
    6. I Don’t Love You
    7. House Of Wolves
    8. Cancer
    DISC 2

1. Mama
    2. Sleep
    3. Teenagers
    4. Disenchanted
    5. Famous Last Words
    6. Blood (Hidden Track)
    DISC 3

1. The Five Of Us Are Dying (Rough Mix)
    2. Kill All Your Friends (Live Demo)
    3. Party At The End Of The World (Live Demo)
    4. Mama (Live Demo)
    5. My Way Home Is Through You (Live Demo)
    6. Not That Kind Of Girl (Live Demo)
    7. House Of Wolves, Version 1 (Live Demo)
    8. House Of Wolves, Version 2 (Live Demo)
    9. Emily (Rough Mix)
    10. Disenchanted (Live Demo)
    11. All The Angels (Live Demo)

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

If I was a fan of this band I would be so disappointed.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  3. Turkeylegz

Trusted

That must have been awkward for the band to explain but what do you expect when you put out a teaser with such a ravenous fanbase?

FTank likes this.
  4. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this announcement was poorly executed on so many levels lol. Are any of this completely new? Or have they all been floating around for years?

FTank likes this.
  5. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I think that decision was on the part of the label not the band. I also think the label didn't understand how passionate the fanbase is and I am hoping the teaser was a way of checking if there was still a market for a reunion but I think that's a long shot

6. AllenRicketts

Regular

I'm gonna buy this but I feel weird about it. Not towards to band obvs, but Warner.

7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

seems unnecessary

8. devenstonow

Noobie

Page won't load, but is it just the bundle with the flag? I really have no interest in the flag...I also hope it's not just a lame, black LP, that it looks like...

Also I'm assuming it's pricey AF

9. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i think they/Gerard mentioned some years ago that the members wouldn't be personally updating the band twitter/social media anymore.
    so the label is really the ones in charge of this. i wonder how much input the band had into this release itself; probably not much of the marketing, since making that video probably wasn't the best idea (in terms of getting fans misled/excited)

10. heymattrick

Sending my love

Not at all! I am so totally jazzed about this. 11 unreleased tracks?! Several of which may be completely unheard songs. Pre-ordered the fuck out of that bundle.

11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I think more people would have preferred a Black Parade anniversary tour.

GEM37 likes this.
  12. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

This is actual scientific fact tbh

13. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

I'll just get the hot topic version. Bluest balls of 2016.

Schooner and GEM37 like this.
  14. heymattrick

Sending my love

Oh well obviously...but anyone with their marbles should have known that wasn't what was happening to begin with. The teaser video pretty much indicated a Black Parade release was what was going on.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

and tell me that's not the final design of the flag+LP cover. cuz those just seem so basic, it's kinda uninspiring

16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

What is living with ghosts?

1. The Five Of Us Are Dying (Rough Mix)
    2. Kill All Your Friends (Live Demo)
    3. Party At The End Of The World (Live Demo)
    4. Mama (Live Demo)
    5. My Way Home Is Through You (Live Demo)
    6. Not That Kind Of Girl (Live Demo)
    7. House Of Wolves, Version 1 (Live Demo)
    8. House Of Wolves, Version 2 (Live Demo)
    9. Emily (Rough Mix)
    10. Disenchanted (Live Demo)
    11. All The Angels (Live Demo)

teebs41 likes this.
  17. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Man, I am still so confused as to why everyone is mad at the band about this announcement. They almost immediately took to the internet and diffused the hype before it got out of control. What would have happened if this had gone on for months and then we all found out it wasn't a reunion? There would have been widespread outrage. To try and do us a solid and prevent that, the band came clean right away. Their reward? Widespread outrage. Can't win, I suppose.

Anyway, really, really excited to hear some of these demos. Going to be spinning the album a couple times over the next few days for sure.

18. Wet fart

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  19. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

The demos will be really cool to hear but that album cover is not enticing.

20. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Pass...

21. Kristen

Regular

I used to intern at WBR. Trust me they know how passionate their fan base is. I'm sure they just capitalized off of that. Remember this is one of the majors

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  22. MikeERayner

Trusted

OMG IM SO EXCITED TO HAVE DEMOS ON VINYL!!! =/

How disappointing. They repressed the album just last year.

teebs41 likes this.
  23. TheZeroKid

I'm Not Holden Caulfield Prestigious

Don't get why people are still mad at the band for this announcement when they clearly said from the get-go that this was the label's doing. Also it seemed very obvious to me that this was some kind of 10 year anniversary thing for The Black Parade but seeing as how much they poured into it during the initial Black Parade era, this couldn't have been a tour.

Anyway, I'm really intrigued by that unreleased stuff. Besides the Kill All Your Friends, My Way Home Is Through You, and the demo versions of songs that are actually on The Black Parade, have we heard any of these? Are these "new", as in never been heard before?

24. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Very bittersweet, kinda more bitter than sweet until I hear more of these demos. The sample just makes me uncomfortable. Sell it without that cringey flag and change the album cover WBR plz