Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘The Rocketeer’ Reboot in the Works From Disney

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Hollywood Reporter, with news of a Rocketeer revival:

The new take keeps the story in a period setting and offers a fresh view on the characters. Set six years after the original Rocketeer and after Secord has vanished while fighting the Nazis, an unlikely new hero emerges: a young African-American female pilot, who takes up the mantle of Rocketeer in an attempt to stop an ambitious and corrupt rocket scientist from stealing jet-pack technology in what could prove to be a turning point in the Cold War.

2. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

I already saw people on Twitter complaining that a black woman is going to be in it...why do people get so upset? :/

3. I know, right!? Did you see they rebooted Clinton with a woman as well?

Stupid Twitter is stupid.

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Honestly, it's more a re-hash of the 90s original than I would have liked.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Loved the first one when I was little, definitely interested

6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I remember seeing this when I was little but nothing about the film itself. Is it worth revisiting?

7. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

It definitely is.

8. BackyardHero11

Trusted

the original Dave Stevens comic is one of my all time favorites. I love the original movie. admittedly I was taken aback by this news. I was so stoked for more Rocketeer adventures and the first thing I read is that the main character, Cliff Secord, is absent from the story. I'm perfectly fine with the introduction of a new character, and it's pretty cool it's more a sequel than a reboot, but I would've hoped Cliff would be in it.

now the storyline says he disappeared, so I think if the character comes back and they team up, as long as they continue with the heart and spirit of the old adventures, I think it could be pretty rad.

9. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Would prefer something new that has a woman of color in a leading role... These remakes tend to be terrible.

Raku likes this.
  10. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I mean, yeah they're calling it a reboot but it's set years later in the same universe when a new character takes over for the main character who is missing. Feels like more of a sequel then a reboot to me, which is probably just semantics but still.

Raku likes this.
  11. tshreve

Metalicca

Hesitantly excited for this. One of my favorite franchises that often seems forgotten

12. NotBruce

Regular

The first one is tied to a lot of nostalgia for me, so I'm definitely alright with this. Sounds like a good time.