Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Wonder Woman’ Trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Ok this looks incredible!

Eric Wilson likes this.
  3. This looks so fucking good I can't handle that I have to wait a year to see it.

4. RunInTheFront

I'm interested, but uninteresting. Prestigious

Yea this looks very good.

5. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

Looks better than I was expecting, this is good.

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Awesome

7. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Meh.

8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This also looks great. 2/2 on comic con trailers for DC.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Blown away.

10. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

In love

11. selfreliable

Regular

Some of those fight scenes looked amazing!

12. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Maybe it's just the trailer but feels a lot like Captain America: The First Avenger rehash

13. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Colorful & fantastic

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

DC is back with a vengeance!

15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Whoever at DC came up with the idea to make Wonder Woman's first solo film a rousing WWI-set wartime thriller deserves every raise/promotion they can possibly get. Such an atypical, refreshing setting for a superhero film. And it looks like Gadot and Pine have solid chemistry already. This looks like it's going to turn out really well.

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

It looks alright.

I just don't have any faith in DC producing anything good from their big hitters anymore. I'll go see this for sure but It's more out of how much I want this to be good, rather than whether or not I expect it to be good.

17. I hate DC... and this looks so, so awesome. So much better than the complete mess of tonal inconsistency that Justice League is shaping up to be (although the scene with the Flash in Justice League was pretty fun and reminded me of Spiderman).

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  18. Look surprisingly great. My biggest problems with these DC films has been the crutch of telling one cumbersomely large, interconnected story piece-by-piece instead of telling one smaller story at a time. If this movie can succeed in giving us a beginning, a middle, and an end, it will be the film's greatest strength.

Also, I just love Chris Pine. His work in Into the Woods has made me a lifetime fan.

19. My thoughts exactly, except if there's a single Marvel film DC could really learn from, it's First Avenger.

carlosonthedrums and Ryan like this.
  20. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Glad I'm not the only one who was thinking about Captain America here

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  21. The worst one not named "Thor"?

Letterbomb31 and fenway89 like this.
  22. hahah. How weird, you and I are disagreeing on something :P

I can totally understand arguments that The First Avenger isn't a good superhero film. But I would wholeheartedly argue that it works as a good buddy comedy, romance, war film, period piece, and film noir. It has so many genres at work that the superhero aspect can gladly be pushed aside in order to focus on the film's more human aspects.

But the main reason I say DC should learn from First Avenger is how effectively the film tells its story and how well that story stands on its own without being tied to the rest of the MCU (excluding the flash-forward outro).

23. We disagree on movies. A lot.

fenway89 likes this.
  24. But one of the last conversations you and I had was about how many films were on your recommendation list that I love? Just because we disagree on some doesn't mean we don't also agree on a huge load of films.

25. Also that shouldn't have been a question, ahah