Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Korn Announce New Album; Stream New Single

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Korn will release their new album, The Serenity of Suffering, on October 12th via Roadrunner Records. They’ve released a video for the first single on the album, “Rotting in Vain

Track Listing

1. Insane
    2. Rotting In Vain
    3. Black Is The Soul
    4. The Hating
    5. A Different World (feat. Corey Taylor)
    6. Take Me
    7. Everything Falls Apart
    8. Die Yet Another Night
    9. When You’re Not There
    10. Next In Line
    11. Please Come For Me

2. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Interested in that Corey Taylor song especially.

Schooner likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

4. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

I think this is what Korn should sound like in 2016. And it really isn't bad at all.

Dan O'Neill and Bryan Diem like this.
  5. Schooner

Trusted

I got to listen to that lead single yet. But I'm guessing "album sounds like their old material and is heavier than ever before"

Album cover is def a korn album cover. Love it

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Fieldy looks like the rapper Stitches in this video.

Davjs likes this.
  7. SmugPug

I'm diggin this. There is a good mix of new Korn mixed with the old Jonathon "namuh nema's" :)

Schooner likes this.
  8. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Is that Chibs from Sons of Anarchy?

The song is absolutely amazing. The eerie guitar lead is very Follow the Leader/Issues. The riff when he screams "vain" reminds me of Untouchables, and the bridge of the song is great. This reminds me of the Korn I grew up loving. I'm very impressed

9. tomtom94

Trusted

Sounds like Korn, doesn't sound like Never Never. Works for me.

Davjs and Bryan Diem like this.
  10. ARo24

Regular

This actually sounds pretty good. I will jam this.

11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I don't think there's anything more tired in music than Jonathon's lyrics. At least musically it sounds like the best thing they've done in like 15 years, or whenever it was Mirror came out. I always at least give them a listen. Even though I'm not sure why most of the time. As gratitude for everything through Issues I guess lol.

Davjs and Bryan Diem like this.
  12. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Untouchables tho

13. slimfenix182

Was that after Issues? I lose track. I never really got into that, not that I think it's bad.

14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Maybe I should be ashamed to have the Korn discography/timeline memorizes but yeah it's a few years after Issues. I hated on it for years but the production is just gigantic and Head/Munkey brought their a-game. So many classic Korn tracks on there. The closer is a monster.

15. slimfenix182

Haha no shame. I thought it was after Issues. I loved everything through that album. I don't remember the last time I gave it a listen but it's probably due another chance from me lol.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  16. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I loved KoRn from S/T until Issues. Kinda lost track of them in high school. I dig this song though!

Bryan Diem likes this.
  17. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Just what the world needed, forty-year-old, white boy nihilism in aesthetic form.

18. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Or just fun/simple aggro jams to nod your head to, ya dweeb.

19. Davjs

Trusted

No shame at all, they were on top for so many years (Follow the Leader, Issues, Untouchables and Mirror). I agree with 'No One's There', that is probably my favorite closer. There is an awesome acoustic version on youtube.

20. Davjs

Trusted

oh, on the topic of the new song: Sounds really great, didn't expect them to put out a song like this after the last couple of lackluster albums. Video is really really well done too! Glad to hear screaming :-)

21. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I'll have to check this out! Though I think the regular version is so great because of how huge everything is, I don't know how it'll translate.

Davjs likes this.
  22. Davjs

Trusted

oh yeah, the original is better for sure but it's a neat listen. I would link but I'm at work and not going to youtube lol, this site hasn't been blocked! It'll be the first to come up if you search Korn No ones there acoustic.

23. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

This is the Korn I want.