Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – July 22nd, 2016

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Relient K’s new album, Air for Free, comes out today, and I totally think it’s worth giving a spin. I think they bounced back in a big way with this one. I’m not sure what else to check out today, so if you have some recommendations for me, please let me know. If you hit read more you can see all the releases we have in our calendar for the week. Hit the quote bubble to access our forums and talk about what came out today, what albums you picked up, and to make mention of anything we may have missed.

Bad Brains – Omega Sessions
    Capsize – A Reintroduction: The Essence of All That Surrounds Me
    Crown the Empire – Retrograde
    Cursed – III: Architects of Troubled Sleep
    Faun Fables – Born Of The Sun
    Forevermore – Integral
    Gucci Mane – Everybody Looking
    Hammers of Misfortune – Dead Revolution
    Keith Sweat – Dress To Impress
    Lik Durk – Durk 2X
    Look Park – Look Park
    Lou Rhodes – theyesandye
    MSTRKRFT – Operator
    Periphery – Periphery III: Select Difficulty
    Puddle Splasher – Separate States
    Relient K – Air for Free
    Rob Lynch – Baby, I’m a Runaway
    Salem’s Pot – Pronounce This!
    The Amazing – Ambulance
    Trust Punks – Double Blind
    Yeesh – Confirmation Bias
    clipping – Baby Don’t Sleep

2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

New Capsize album is quite good. Kinda disappointed in the big change to their sound, hopefully I'll get over that though.

FFO: Early 00s Post-Hardcore

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  3. New Relient K is seriously incredible. I'm utterly shocked by how great it is.

The band I play bass for, Blind Breed, released an album today! It's a full-length for $6 and should be up now on amazon and iTunes as well as blindbreed.bandcamp.com

Otherwise I might check out new Crown the Empire and Leeland.

Eric Wilson and teebs41 like this.
  4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Literally nothing else out today worth listening to. July has been terrible.

5. elemenohpe Jul 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 22, 2016)
    elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Spotify or GTFO. ;-)

Lots of big metal releases missing here... Aeges, Black Crown Initiate, Despised Icon, Dust Moth and Revocation all dropped new full lengths today.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  6. jordanjohnson09

Regular

love relient k. bear's den is a near masterpiece. about to check out us the duo.

7. efp722

Regular

Having a hard time with the new Relient K.

FTank likes this.
  8. DearCory

Regular

New Relient K is banging.... it's been on repeat since last week when they premiered it on Pandora.

Also, OMG the new Regina Spektor song has brought life to my Friday! I have missed her so much!

Brent likes this.
  9. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Really like the new Safe To Say record that's out today as well. Relient K and Safe to Say.

Contender and DejaMoi like this.
  10. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Crown the Empire-"Retrograde"
    Relient K-"Air for Free"

Some new singles I'm checking out/have been listening to lately. Some of these may have come out a couple weeks ago...

Against Me!-"333"
    Beach Slang-"Punks in a Disco Bar"
    Every Time I Die-"Glitches"
    Islander-"Think It Over"
    Korn-"Rotting in Vain"
    Norma Jean-"1,000,000 Watts" & "Synthetic Sun"
    Prophets of Rage-"Prophets of Rage"
    Red Fang-"Flies"
    The Acacia Strain-"Sensory Deprivation"
    The Amity Affliction-"This Could Be Heartbreak"
    The Color Morale-"Clip Paper Wings"
    The Devil Wears Prada-"Daughter"
    Touche Amore-"Displacement"
    Wilco-"If I Ever Was a Child" & "Locator"
    Young Guns-"Mad World"
    Young the Giant-"Jungle Youth"

I'm gonna put together a playlist to listen to at work today. So far I've been really impressed with the new Touche Amore and The Devil Wears Prada songs. I like "Glitches" but so far I think I prefer "The Coin Has A Say" over it. Low Teens is easily my most anticipated album of the year and I don't know how I'm going to wait another 2 months for it!

Chase Tremaine and ramomcferno like this.
  11. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

How did I not know Despised Icon had a new album out today??? I need to listen to that ASAP

12. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Promise of Redemption!

Brent and teebs41 like this.
  13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

How is it? This is the first release since 08 right?

14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the first two songs that came out were really bad. doesn't really deserve to be under that moniker, sounds so differently and hits different themes

15. cwhit

today's a really bad day, only things i added were gucci mane and yeesh...september hogging all the good summer releases!!!

16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

That's a shame, I loved that album from 08 and saw him with Vinnie from the movie life around the same time, was a great show. I'll still check this out though. My band actually used to open for Valencia back in 05 at the troc in Philly. Good times ha

17. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Thank you for posting about the singles. There are a lot of good ones today. I often miss them.

Yeah I was surprised by an ad I saw two weeks ago, so I haven't had to wait for it too long.

Jake W likes this.
  18. andrewcloer

Lurking AP since 2005. Lurking Chorus since 2016.

Relient K's new record probably my favorite so far this year. Forevermore is the surprise of the year for me. Never really got into the band. It seems to be a pretty big step up from what I've heard before. Gonna definitely check out Capsize.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  19. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

Came in here to post about Bear's Den! I wasn't a huge fan of the lead single, but the album is shaping up nicely on first listen.

The tone reminds me almost of a more folky sounding War On Drugs.

jordanjohnson09 likes this.
  20. I think it's on Spotify. Just wasn't sure if it was up already or not because Spotify uploads have been screwy for us lately

21. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Relient K is fantastic.

22. ianzandi

Regular

What are the odds that Relient K will get their first #1 album? Since streaming is taken into account now and there aren't any other major releases, I could definitely see it happening this time. They are still huge in the Christian crowd.

23. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I'll be checking out:

Periphery
    Despised Icon
    Relient K
    Capsize
    Crown the Empire

Doubt any of these will stick for me but I'll give them a shot

24. cwhit

not even close. last one peaked at 16, they still need to do a good 80k to beat drake. doubt they even hit the top 10

25. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

How was Promise of Redemption not on this list? Thanks for pointing that out, forgot about that.

Also thanks to all the users who add the singles that come out every week too.