Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Address Teaser, Break Hearts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

My Chemical Romance have posted an update clarifying that no tour and no reunion are going to take place.
    We’ve been really touched and blown away by the response to the teaser trailer. We are not touring and there is no reunion planned – only a release for the anniversary of The Black Parade. Thanks so much for continuing to keep MCR in your minds and in your hearts.

Damn. That’s too bad. They had to know the ruckus that was about to take place when they posted that teaser, logo, and merch, right? Apple’s Notes app sure is getting a lot of love over the past week.

Thank you so much for the love. pic.twitter.com/3wv6G7CXIk

— My Chemical Romance (@MCRofficial) July 21, 2016

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

[​IMG]

3. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

A 2 months in advance teaser for a vinyl repress of a record that was already repressed 15 months ago seems at best unnecessary, and at worst deliberately cruel

4. Eric

Regular

Honestly didn't think these guys would do this to their fans. I was always sure they were gone for good but I still got my hopes up because this is way too much for a stupid reissue. Even if they're lying and really are reuniting, it's still pretty messed up

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

Weak.

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. Hunter Norman

Regular

I think given Gerard's previous comments about his involvement with My Chemical Romance from here on out it seems like the record company wanted to make a move with it, came up with a promotional marketing campaign and put it out there. Now it looks like the guys have probably made it clear that they wanted to address it

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I forgot to say I wanted honesty, sorry my bad

8. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

9. btr

Trusted Supporter

Can't even imagine the amount of Hot Topic retail therapy it's going to take for people to get over this

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This was all so unnecessary.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  11. jellyfishfossil

Regular

I don't know why a band would post a teaser video just for a vinyl-release. What's the point of the MCRX banners as well?

12. fbrrocks

Trusted

Label runs the bands accounts so label posted it I bet not the band

13. aniafc

Trusted

Yeah, but FOB did this exact same thing a few years ago. Everyone knew they were getting back together and they still came out and said "oh no we're not getting back together" then got back together. So, I mean, you never know. I don't trust MCR at this point.

Schooner and Bryan Diem like this.
  14. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

lol damn savage

15. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

THIS. Or so the part of me holding out reunion hope clings to.

16. FOB didn't tease anything until they announced. They denied everything up until the announcement. So, I wouldn't say this is the exact same thing at all. MCR's official pages teased, to release an official denial via the same medium, makes it very, very, very unlikely that this is a feint to be like "oh wait look we are doing XYZ" in one month. If that were true, you don't deny, you simply wait the month because it's not denying a rumor, it's denying something you yourself created.

17. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Fuck.

18. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Disappointing.

19. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

[​IMG]

The Mysterious and Brent like this.
  20. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Wow, I really thought they were gonna tour our do some anniversary shows

21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

As disappointing as it is, I have to hand it to them for nipping this one in the bud before the hype got out of control. Better for them to make this statement now and let everyone know not to get their hopes up than have the date come around and nothing major happen.

Can't wait to see what additional demos/tracks they throw on this thing, though. Obviously buying it day one.

22. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

No worries. I liked em best during the era where they dressed like Powerman 5000, so when they do get to the reunion part of their career I hope they play some of that stuff too.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  23. heymattrick

Sending my love

Disappointed but this is why I didn't want to get my hopes up, because deep down this is what I thought it would be all along. I don't believe the band had much involvement in this at all.

Having said that, this release might be pretty awesome. They originally said when touring on TBP that there were a lot of cool demos and alternative arrangements of the songs on TBP they wanted to release, and that might be what this is.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  24. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Gerard tweeted that he wished Kill All Your Friends was on the album. Maybe it'll be am expanded track list? I'd love that.

25. heymattrick

Sending my love

I totally agree with him in that. I wouldn't take anything off The Black Parade but it could be included for sure. The other 2 b-sides (My Way Home... and Heaven Help Us) are good but definitely b-sides. I loved that they played all three on their spring 2008 tour.