Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tesla’s Master Plan, Part Deux

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Elon Musk, writing at Tesla, has shared the second part of the company’s “master plan”:

By definition, we must at some point achieve a sustainable energy economy or we will run out of fossil fuels to burn and civilization will collapse. Given that we must get off fossil fuels anyway and that virtually all scientists agree that dramatically increasing atmospheric and oceanic carbon levels is insane, the faster we achieve sustainability, the better.

Here is what we plan to do to make that day come sooner:

Musk aims high and then raises his own bar. Call it crazy, call it a pipe dream, but I still find his ambition nothing short of inspirational.

2. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

Never been more sure putting a reservation down on the Model 3 was a great decision. American company leading us into a better, cleaner future. What's not to like?

Serenity Now likes this.
  3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Even if he can't reach those goals in the timeframe he wants, the very fact he's going to try hard to make it happen is pretty amazing.

4. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I am in the market for a new car but I need one before 2018. Will likely purchase my next car from them if they still exist.

5. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

Mine died last year and I ended up buying a new one. Selling while still having a loan on it is gonna be a hassle, but one I am totally willing to deal with. I've been wanting an electric car for so long, my dream has always been to power it with solar so I no longer have to bow down to big oil. Cannot wait.

6. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

The Tesla fleet thing is genius. Really hoping to see this thing in full swing in a decade or so.