Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bright Eyes Announce Box Set

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Bright Eyes have announced a box set. The Studio Albums 2000-2011 will be released on vinyl on CD on September 16th via Saddle Creek. Pre-orders are now up.

[​IMG]

Bright Eyes are re-releasing six albums mastered by legendary engineer Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering. The reissues will be released as a box set, available on Vinyl or CD format, on Sept 16th, 2016. The reissues will be available individually in November.
    The Studio Albums 2000-2011 box set includes remastered versions of Fevers and Mirrors (2000), LIFTED or The Story Is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground (2002), I’m Wide Awake, It’s Morning (2005), Digital Ash in a Digital Urn (2005), and Cassadaga (2007). The box set will also include The People’s Key (2011).

The Vinyl Box Set features 6 Albums on 10 LPs pressed at RTI and housed in tip-on jackets, including digital downloads of each album. Vinyl Box Set exclusives include colored vinyl, twelve 8×10 photo prints by Butch Hogan, and an essay by Nathaniel Krenkel.The vinyl box set is limited to 5,000 copies and includes all 10 LPs housed in a foil stamped linen-wrapped box.

The Studio Albums 2000-2011 is also available as a CD box set – limited to 1000 – which will include six CDs housed in a foil stamped linen coated board slip case.

The remastered albums will be available individually on CD and black Vinyl in November. Fevers and Mirrors & Lifted or The Story Is In The Soil, Keep Your Ear To The Ground will be released on Nov 4th. I’m Wide Awake, It’s Morning & Digital Ash in a Digital Urn & Cassadaga will be released on Nov 11th, 2016 on Saddle Creek.

Bright Eyes are the Omaha, Nebraska-based band led by lauded songwriter Conor Oberst. Recording from the age of 14, Oberst first reached national, and then international, attention with the release of 2000’s Fevers and Mirrors, recorded when he was just 19 years old.The next 11 years saw the band’s output receive widespread critical acclaim, building a huge and dedicated fan following. Between 1998 and 2011 they released nine albums on the Omaha-based independent label Saddle Creek.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

people's key came out in 2011? is he done recording under bright eyes?

3. Dan O'Neill

Regular

That was announced to be his final Bright Eyes album when it came out, yeah. I don't think he's toured under that name since then either.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I don't remember at the time of the release in 2011 they announced it was their/his last Bright Eyes album. I think a while after it came out they kind of hinted toward it being the last album.

I saw Bright Eyes (one and only time) in August of 2011 and it was an absolutely phenomenal show. I'd love for another BE album or at least a tour.

5. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I hope they make a new Bright Eyes album someday.

6. Bass0820

I wish I knew this was happening before I started buying all of them. Only missing Wide Awake and The People's Key now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. Dan O'Neill

Regular

From Wikipedia:

In a June 2009 issue of Rolling Stone, Oberst announced that he wanted to "retire" the Bright Eyes moniker, and would be making one final album with the band: "It does feel like it needs to stop at some point. I'd like to clean it up, lock the door, say goodbye."

I remember that well, because my ex-girlfriend was in mourning for weeks.

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I remember him talking about retiring Bright Eyes, but I do not recall The People's Key and/or the tour surrounding it being marketed as a final album/tour. The album was released 18 months following that RS issue.

9. Strikegently

close cover, strike gently

Oh, god....

Take my money.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Nice package but not for me. I know I wouldn't listen to 3/6 of the vinyls.

Cool for diehard fans though.

Peoples Key was a great album to go out with.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  11. serotonin

who told you this room exists?

I own everything but Digital Ash, but I still want this.

Also I was bummed about the Bright Eyes news in 2011 but its not like he stopped. Conor s/t albums are just like a Bright Eyes album.

coleslawed and Dan O'Neill like this.
  12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I have three of the six already - Lifted, I'm Wide Awake & Digital Ash.

Wide Awake and Digital Ash were both $15 at my local record shop. Can't beat that price. Cassadaga is EASILY my least favorite Bright Eyes album. It'd be nice to get Fevers and Key but no need for me to spill out the cash for this.

Serenity Now likes this.
  13. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

Why did I have to look at that picture.. ugh if I can afford it before it's gone I'll grab it.