Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

APMA Award Winners

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The winners of last night’s APMA awards can be found below. A replay of the show will be on Amazon until tomorrow night.

ARTIST OF THE YEAR presented by Monster Energy: Twenty One Pilots
    ALBUM OF THE YEAR presented by Journeys: Blurryface, Twenty One Pilots
    SONG OF THE YEAR presented by Epitaph Records: “Hallelujah,” Panic! At The Disco
    BEST MUSIC VIDEO presented by Journeys: “Emperor’s New Clothes,” Panic! At The Disco
    BEST VOCALIST presented by Sharptone Records: Patrick Stump, Fall Out Boy
    BEST GUITARIST presented by PRS Guitars: Jack Fowler, Sleeping With Sirens
    BEST BASSIST presented by Razor & Tie: Skyler Acord, Issues
    BEST DRUMMER presented by DW Drums: Christian Coma, Black Veil Brides
    BEST LIVE BAND presented by Audio Technica: Neck Deep
    BEST UNDERGROUND BAND presented by Entertainment One: Too Close To Touch
    BREAKTHROUGH BAND presented by Fueled By Ramen and Roadrunner Records: State Champs
    BEST INTERNATIONAL BAND presented by Joey Sturgis Tones: You Me At Six
    ARTIST PHILANTHROPIC presented by Sub City/Take Action:
    Jake Luhrs of August Burns Red for HeartSupport
    MOST DEDICATED FANS presented by Fearless Records: The Ghost Inside
    ICON AWARD presented by Equal Vision Records/MerchNow!: Marilyn Manson
    OFF THE WALL AWARD presented by Vans: Yellowcard
    CLASSIC ALBUM AWARD presented by Eleven Seven Music: Good Charlotte for The Young And The Hopeless

2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

What's the point in having categories like "best guitarist" when they're basically just glorified popularity contests? I'm not hating on SWS, but if that award was based on actual talent then ABR or Periphery should have won.

carlosonthedrums and coleslawed like this.
  3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Any reason why this year's show wasn't broadcasted on TV? The first two years were broadcasted live on AXS TV.

4. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

This is all voted on, by random people, yeah? And is this all based off 2015 or up until now? Cause those winners kinda suck.

5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I forgot what APMA stood for til I saw the winners lol.

6. mattylikesfilms Jul 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 19, 2016)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

God this shit is so cheesy and filled with bros/shitty bands. It's too cringeworthy to watch so I only made it 15 minutes in.. It makes me feel old as shit too.

What? I'm not bitter!

7. aniafc

Trusted

A lot of cools/random performances, though.

Like the lead singer of Creed singing with A Day to Remember was the highlight of the night. Yes, that should tell you everything you need to know about the APMAs

supernovagirl and Carmensaopaulo like this.
  8. pbueddi

Trusted

Cool to see "The Young and the Hopeless" honored like that.

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It's crazy to think there was a time that almost every band I love was covered by AP. The only people on that list I really like are Panic!, twenty one pilots, and Fall Out Boy. I don't mean that as a slight to the bands on the list, but it's just interesting to see how times have changed and I guess how my tastes have changed.

hypernights. and Carmensaopaulo like this.
  10. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

The only cool thing is the Ghost Inside appearing on stage. I had tears seeing them.

_unproductive likes this.
  11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Right like early 2000's it was always somebody I loved on the cover. Now I don't get what the kids are into these days haha.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  12. Raj710

The APMA's are kind of a joke.

13. ARo24

Regular

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to mention this. Very cool to see them there.

14. SmithBerryCrunch Jul 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 19, 2016)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Scrubbing through the replay to see some of the performances. Yellowcard and Good Charlotte sounded pretty great. Then I stumble upon Papa Roach playing...wtf haha

Neck Deep covering Green Day, NFG, All Time Low, and blink-182 was pretty awesome.

Damn, seeing The Ghost Inside accept that award was awesome. The guys are all looking pretty good all things considered.

LMFAO at the Creed singer performing with ADTR.

15. SoundInTheSignals

@Bake_Wear / soundinthesignals.com

Some of this was rough to watch. Still I mostly like watching it every year. The Neck Deep performance was interesting and pretty well done.

16. SweetThye

@sweetthye

Congrats especially to Too Close To Touch and The Ghost Inside. Much deserved.

17. PDPOUTCAST

JB from ABR lost to that dude..??

Jake W likes this.
  18. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

So did Jeff from Parkway. Two guys who shred circles around the dude from SWS. Kinda sucks that Alt Press panders to a demographic of teenage fangirls/fanboys. But anyone with a brain should know that there were a lot of talented artists who didn't win and should have in most of these categories.

19. Smee22

Regular

My guess would be that they were messy broadcasts and tough to watch. Very lazy tv production. Delayed cues, audio issues, that high school orchestra/band just wasn't working (although I like the sentiment). Plus their core demographic doesn't watch TV like the older fans do so I bet ratings were very low and someone in a marketing meeting said we should stream it.

coleslawed likes this.
  20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Probably right on all those things, haha. I DVR'd the first two years and pretty much fast fowarded through most of both years with the exception of a few performances. To be honest, I don't even know who 70% of these bands are anymore.