Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

CIWWAF’s 10-Year Anniversary Tour Dates

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

GEM37 likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Who is the band comprised of anymore?

PandaBear! and GEM37 like this.
  4. TDenverFan

Regular

I think it's mostly the original members

5. TFT87

Regular

Thought "Rotation" was a huge step up from this album. And weren't they supposed to be releasing a new one a few years ago and then vanished? This band hasn't been too good with updating fans on their status.

joe.boy.fresh. and Penguin like this.
  6. btr Jul 13, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 13, 2016)
    btr

Trusted Supporter

Definitely go to a show if you can. They played TSOBRWANT front-to-back in a one-off hometown show a couple years ago and added about a four song encore. Curious about who's opening

7. File this under "things no one needs"

AndrewSoup and Chase Tremaine like this.
  8. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

So is it just Shaant?

9. GEM37

She haunts the roads

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  10. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

A lot of people here will dismiss this tour, but I know this was your shit back in 06' on that Paramore tour. People don't forget. See you at Pomona.

11. GEM37

She haunts the roads

See you there, brotha!

parkerxcore likes this.
  12. Their performance on that Paramore tour goes down to this day as the worst performance I've seen by a signed, touring act. And I was actually excited to see them too (I was 16, didn't know any better).

13. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Nah, was never my shit. I also thought Big Willy Style was super fucking lame in 1997 when I was in 8th grade. A lot of this shit that wasn't good in the first place does NOT get any better with time.

14. zachmacD

Trusted

I went to that. This providence and hit the lights played as well. Such a kick ass show

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hated this band so hard back in the day but Rotation is actually pretty decent (despite it's fugly cover art) given the genre/band.

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Aw man, This Providence was so good back in the S/T era..

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  17. Bass0820

I'm excited and will be catching a show ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

i hate calling things 'guilty pleasures' but these guys definitely fit that description. horrible lyrics but 17-year old me related to them like hell. would like to see what these shows will be like.

19. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

No. 3/4 of the members from the record.

20. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Can't even pretend this shit wasn't everyone's MySpace profile and AIM away message.

supernovagirl likes this.
  21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Some of the tracks on this one are cringeworthy (and even were back in the day, like "The Fourth Drink Instinct," which, ugh, was and still is always a skip for me) but the rest of it was so damn catchy that it didn't even matter.

I remember seeing them on the first ever Alternative Press tour. As Tall As Lions and Envy On The Coast opened, followed by CIWWAF, followed by Circa Survive on their like first major post-Juturna tour. Oh, and did I mention it was at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park, NJ with no barricade? God damn that show was magic once Circa took the stage.

CIWWAF was pretty good though, if I recall correctly.

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Just remembered that story that Matt Squire (producer) supposedly locked Shaant out of the studio at one point lol

The drama of this band back in the day... It's all flooding back now.

23. Long ago, a very trusted source told me that Shaant basically showed up to the studio for this album with no actual lyrics, but just a notepad completely filled with random one liners that he wanted to just cram the entirety of onto the record.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  24. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

This explains so much honestly

25. TDenverFan

Regular

He does have the gift for one liners