Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New’s ‘3 Demos, Reworked’ Hit Apple Music

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Brand New’s 3 Demos, Reworked are now up on Apple Music.

So, what is the consensus on these? Better than the originals? Worse? That new bridge in “Missing You” keeps drawing me back and I flat out love how these sound. Makes me wonder what “Mene” and “I Am a Nightmare” would sound like with the same depth and dynamism.

2. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I was a little underwhelmed at first, but I'm 95 percent sure that it's just because I got so used to the old versions over the last 10 years. This is what I've wanted since I first heard them, so I'm glad they exist and I'm sure I will be properly-whelmed in no time!

Kizwiz likes this.
  3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Sweet

4. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I enjoy them. I feel like they did a good job at capturing the feel of tdagarim more so than the original demos. Those songs needed them guitars!

fenway89 likes this.
  5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I dig em. Really enjoy "Missing You". The layers and guitar tones are perfect; the sample in the background of the bridge sets the mood too.

chhholly123 likes this.
  6. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

Well, these sound fantastic. This is kind of what I was expecting from those releases of the demos earlier in the year.

I really just want to hear the new album at this point, cause the singles from it have me worried(which isnt something I've ever really felt with Brand New).

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

welp it was worth spending 6 bucks on these to get them 2 hours before they went up.

1996 has an incredible vocal performance

Love the palm muted first verse of missing you

And brothers sounds great full band and with harmonies

fenway89, DejaMoi and Chase Tremaine like this.
  8. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Ahhh 1996 is so good. Love the vocals/lyrics. And that post-chorus around the 1:30 mark - guitar and bass tones seriously send chills down my spine.

9. aoftbsten Jul 13, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 13, 2016)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Hmm... At work and my right headphone is broken. Do I wait to get home to listen or just go for it now?

Edit: Couldn't resist going for it.

10. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

These are tight. Also Apple Music FTW!

11. Delysid

Regular

I love them and I'm sure that after listening to these for a while I will likely go back and not like the demos as much. Everything just sounds much better of course

12. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

These three have been my favorite songs since 2006, I love them even more now! These show the this band is still capable of great things

13. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Missing you is better, original 1996 is better, brothers are equal

daldalian likes this.
  14. Chris Lei

Not sure if I am using the right word here, but the production of these 3 reworked demoes just sound so much more polished than Mene and I am a Nightmare. The 3 reworked demoes just sound more fuller, clean, crisp and more dynamic. Mene and I am a Nightmare sound more linear to me in sound.

15. Saephon

Regular

To be frank, I wish their new album was going to sound like this and not like Mene/I Am A Nightmare.

16. ttmessick

I've listened to both versions of 1996 like 15x today and I think I like the original better as well. The polished guitars don't suit the song as much imo. For some reason I really like the lyrical change from "was now" to "would never" (sleep with her fiancé) though. I definitely prefer both new versions of the other two songs.

17. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I like the lyrics to the new version better. But yeah agreed