Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Perform on Colbert

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Dlmgmario

Sick! Matt was spot on in that switch going from the first chorus back to the intro and then second verse on his guitar. I'm happy to see them sound great on live tv.

3. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

FLAT

4. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

did you hear those vocals?

5. rst

Regular

Pretty surprised they dont drop the tuning just a half step when they play this song for TV performances. Singing out of your range with a clean guitar/no distortion is pretty tough. I dont think it was too bad though, song got better as they went.

6. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Man, look at those veins on Mark's neck... It seems like they're about to pop out.

7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Travis's left stick raise in the chorus gives me the will to live

Serenity Now likes this.
  8. itsmeelsewhere

Travis kills it as always. Wish I could say that about the vocals... :( It's painful to watch and listen...

Edit: "What's My Age Again" sounds good.

9. rst Jul 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 13, 2016)
    rst

Regular

yeah funny you mention that, Dammit was the song i as thinking of when i wrote the comment. i think they are in the same key/have mostly the same chord progression. It helps that Dammit has heavy distortion with quick 3 syllable line verses and Mark doesnt have to hold any notes. Then Tom always sang the chorus live. With Bored to Death he actually has to "sing" and hold notes and there's no distortion in the first verse to help drown out the poor singing. I saw Blink a ton of times in the early 2000s and i was surprised they were actually a really good live band. It was only Tom who started to ruin it later with his awful singing. Mark still seems to hit all the other songs, i think Bored to Death is just kind of an outlier for the band which is unfortunate since its their first single from the album and all. oh well

edit: meant to quote House of Wolves

10. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

It must be noted this was a last minute thing for the band, as Hollywood Vampires had to cancel their appearance after Joe Perry collapsed on stage at a show two nights beforehand.

11. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

No, this was recorded back on July 1. Using the footage on Monday night was the last minute decision.

12. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Thanks for the clarification; everywhere is reporting that it was a last minute performance. Maybe that's what they meant, but Idk, it wasn't very clear.

13. Summerhouse Endz

Love seeing them on everything again.. Also I feel like Mark still looks over to Tom's side of the stage at the end of the second verse of WMAA expecting a "sodom-you" and never gets it..

14. RiseAgainst379

Regular

Have not heard a live rendition of this song that sounds good...Sorry :(