Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 – “Somebody Else” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

I think it's ok, not my favorite video by them...

3. 9th At Pine

Last one out of Liberty City burn it to the ground

Any other David Lynch fans recognize the Inland Empire homage in the whole beginning scene of this?

Bryan Diem likes this.
  4. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Oh, hey it's David Lynch meets David Fincher.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  5. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

Love this song

6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Not one of my favorites from the record, but videos not bad

7. zachmacD Jul 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 7, 2016)
    zachmacD

Trusted

I love this band but I think his voice sounds too whiny most of the time for them to blow up on a mainstream level. If they are going to make the jump to the next level with this record, this is the song that's going to make it happen.

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

The best song on the album, hands down

9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

That drop into the second verse always hits like a ton of bricks. They'll need to make the song a bit shorter for radio tho

10. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Great video, great song. This album was totally under the radar for me until the 2016 lists.

11. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Excellent video for a brilliant song.

12. CMilliken

Trusted

Great song. My favorite from the album actually. Video was ok. Made me want to watch Foxing's Night Channels video.

13. Definitely my favorite song

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Love this song, been listening to it a lot lately. The album as a whole has grown on me a lot.

Also, this band consistently have some of the best cinematography in their videos.

15. selfreliable

Regular

I want to get into this band, but it is really hard to after the singer made those xenophobic comments the other week.

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

You what now? What did he say?

DearCory likes this.
  17. selfreliable

Regular

During an interview he advocated that older people shouldn't be allowed to vote because they didn't vote the way he would have.

18. dee

I can feel the butterflies.

Best song off the album!!

19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

With all due respect, given the fact that he did complain about older people not being allowed to vote, as the below user brought up, I think you might be misinterpreting what he said. Now saying older people shouldn't vote is a really stupid thing to say, but that doesn't keep me from loving this band more than any other.

20. selfreliable

Regular

He advocated that people who dont think like him should lose their basic right to vote. It is a birth given right, and to say because people are old they dont know what is best for a country and should lose that right is sickening. Free countries are built on the idea that you have the ability to vote on the changes you want in your country and not be held back by some dictator telling you what to do. To then say old people should lose that right simply because they didnt align to your personal views is horrible and hateful.

21. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

None of this is what the word "xenophobic" means.

22. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I completely agree. It's selfish and evil. Nothing about it is xenophobic.

23. selfreliable

Regular

Xenophobia is a fear/hatred of those who are foreign, strange, or different than you.

24. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

LOL this thread can't be for real though. This song is too good, just as is the rest of the album.

25. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Prestigious

I am so in love with this song and this video. Nothing else matters right now. *Swoon*