Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Naked and Famous Announce New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. ianzandi

Regular

The song very much reminds me of a different song. I think a lot of their own songs just kinda blend together. I like their music, but not very diverse in my opinion

CMilliken likes this.
  3. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

They seem to bounce back to the exuberance of the early singles (Young Blood). I really like it.

It also sounds like the last two Tegan And Sara albums.

4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yea, sounds just like their old stuff. Kinda cool, but...

5. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

song of the summer hello!

6. Muzick

What is up with the 3 month wait for these albums lately? That's so mid 2000s...

7. ianzandi

Regular

THATS IT. It sounds like new T&S. Thanks a bunch haha

8. ianzandi

Regular

Right? That Relient k wait is killing me. They haven't put out many singles either

9. Mikey Strawz

You're a classic, like a little black dress. Prestigious

"She drives me crazy, and I can't help myself"

10. drummerAVA

Trusted

This band has some really great tunes and this is no exception! Love their voices...

11. falconate

Open your closed mind. Prestigious

I really wish these guys would do something new with their sound. Don't get me wrong, I like everything they've done so far, this song included, but this is now the lead single for their third album and not much has changed since their first couple EPs.

That being said, I'm definitely still excited for this album!

12. andy

cursed far more than I am praised

This song has everything I love about this band. It would not seem out of place on Passive Me and to me, that's not a bad thing.

13. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Great combination of the super poppy songs of Passive Me and the alt-rock leanings of the best songs on In Rolling Waves. Bring it

14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

This song is really good.

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Interesting, I found In Rolling Waves to be wildly different than their first album....much more brooding and rock sounding. I thought they changed their sound between albums more than Chvrches

drummerAVA likes this.
  16. skoopy

Regular

Eh, Hearts Like Ours was a better single. This seems like an inferior version of that track.

ReiAndCoke and drummerAVA like this.
  17. drummerAVA Jul 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 9, 2016)
    drummerAVA

Trusted

Hearts Like Ours was a better song in every way, I will agree... Still really enjoy this. Fits right in with their discography...

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Don't like this. Sounds so generic and uninspired.

19. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Dig it, definitely gonna check out their new record

20. transrebel59

Regular

I agree except that Every Open Eye sounded no different than Bones Of What You Believe. You could exchange tracks between both of those albums and it would still sound like a coherent album.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  21. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

hearts like ours is one of my favorite songs ever....soooo gooood

this is solid. I want a Naked and Famous/Grouplove/Chvrches tour :)

22. This sounds generic and isn't as good of a first single as the last record, but that last record dropped off so hard for me. It didn't have any lasting power. I'm hoping this album hits me like their debut!

23. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I liked the first two records but this song is just okay. Still excited to hear the full album though.