Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Talk With Spin

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Rachel Brodsky of Spin sat down Blink-182 to talk about the band’s latest album, their relationship with Tom DeLonge, and the future of the band:

I think when people are jumping on top of each other’s ideas, it elevates it a lot more than me going into the studio and working on something all by myself for a while. By that point, you become so entrenched with what you’ve written that it’s hard to step back from that. We were working so quickly in the studio that Matt would be seeing something and say, “Is that good?” and I’d go, “Yeah, that’s awesome,” and he’d say, “Is that good?” and I’d say, “That could be better.” I need that feedback, too. Everybody was pushing each other, and it was just a much better result.

2. efp722

Regular

Don't know what it is, but having these guys around still going strong is just comforting.

3. jorbjorb

7 rings

blink-182 >>> greenday

4. dzyjay

Regular

Yup

5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Still can't get over how happy they look in every live video

6. Carlos

Im pretty sure this was Marks hand out to Tom if he "really wants back" He seems to have tempered down and for once actually go into detail more than we usually get. But the part about, if he wants to be in Blink, all hed have to do is commit to being in blink and show up. That wasnt the typical, lets not talk about it, its complicated. It seemed like a literal. If you wanna be in Blink, come to Blink. Im pretty sure as of right now, it would be a wait until after tour. But I would not count Tom out of the picture. Especially with Barker saying there will always be room for Tom in that spanish interview he did a while back.

7. mynamesgeneric

Regular

I'll never count Tom out of Blink indefinitely but the saddest part is I don't know if I want him back in it anymore.

8. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

Good interview.

9. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Blink w/ Tom giving it 100% > Blink w/ Matt > Blink with Tom giving it 99% or less

10. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I do as long as he wants to be in it.

11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Mark's quotes read to me as that's what he's saying at that time. He's not saying right now "come back if you want." If they never brought in Matt the band would have added another year and a half of inactivity and be slipping further into irrelevancy right now. Matt his been a godsend and they're not going to just boot him if Tom showed up and said he's back.

12. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

THIS.

I mean, I could really give a fuck about Tom anymore. I wouldn't cast aside Matt in a heartbeat, for the reasons below.

If Tom wants to make the band something different, that's his prerogative. But Mark and Travis like playing fast, loud pop-punk, and with Matt, they've got a new creative force. California is essentially a first-draft for the band, and I never in my wildest DREAMS imagined I would like the album as much from front-to-back as I do. Even with Tom giving it "his" 100%, I don't know if I would feel the same way, because he, Mark and Travis are all on different pages in different books, music-wise, while the new Blink is so air-tight, music and inspiration-wise, you could fit it into a tweet.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  13. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Well-put.
    To replace Matt or just have a fourth member?

14. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This this this

15. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Perfect

16. Ska Senanake

Trusted

At this point it would be cool to have him as a 4th member. I love Matt and A3, don't get me wrong.