Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokémon Go Launches on iOS and Android

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Pokémon Go has been released on iOS and Android. From the Techcrunch review of the game:

If you grew up on Pokémon battle games — or still play them these days — then you’re sure to be into Go, which uses your smartphone to bring Pokémon characters and Pokémon battles to real life locations and landmarks in cities.

2. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I haven't found a single damn thing all day minus my Charmander.

3. EntryLevelTank

Jealous.

4. michael_gatto

Trusted

I currently have 23 Pokemon caught. 2 of which I found in my bedroom.

5. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

i haven't been able to log in with my pokemon club id for like 3 hours now.

6. CaptainInsano

The concept is great, but I wish there was more balance between things you can do while at home vs things you have to get out and walk around to accomplish.

Raku, InfiniteArms and trevorshmevor like this.
  7. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Shared my thoughts on Twitter, but I can't say enough about this game's potential if they can fix the server issues and keep people coming back:

8. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I mean, the thing is it's a VR experiential game like Ingress before it. If you were able to play from your home it would completely defeat the purpose.

9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Very excited to check this out tonight. Anyone have any insight on how much of a hit your battery takes when playing this?

10. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

so do i have to walk around everywhere just staring at my phone like an asshole or can i stick it in my pocket and get notified when i run into something?

11. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Might get this, even though I still believe Digimon is superior.

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  12. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

that is a false opinion

SamLevi11, Raku and Zac Djamoos like this.
  13. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

played for about an hour with the screen up on full brightness (it was a sunny day out) and a podcast running on Overcast in the background and the game up on my screen. Battery percentage dropped between 30-35%

Eric Wilson likes this.
  14. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

I have 10,000+ steps today already, and I've just been traipsing around the office. This game might single handedly cure America's obesity epidemic.

CMilliken likes this.
  15. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Played for about a couple hours and it got really old, really quick.

Raku likes this.
  16. EntryLevelTank

Well...ummm...damn it.

17. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Anxiously awaiting it to drop on the Canadian App Store. Anyone notice how much data it uses?

18. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks!! You think this is something you'll be playing a lot, or just one of the things to check out once or twice and then call it good?

19. Kixur413

Sad that they only released the first gen 'mons only but other than that it's been great! Gives my girlfriend and I something to do on the weekend that's active and cheap!

20. Jakob Allen

Trusted

This game is tons of fun. I have seen people at my office running around swiping their phones, and it has been Pokemon every time! Only complaint is the server issues.

I will probably stop playing after they release 3rd Gen Pokemon though, as I could not care less about anything after Gen1 and 2.

21. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Been missing out on some good stuff then

22. CaptainInsano

I didn't mean the exclusivity to do everything from home, just the ability to do something when you can't sleep and would prefer not to go traipsing through your neighbors' yards at 2 a.m.

trevorshmevor and lightning13 like this.
  23. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

This was me until last night when I got eight pokemon just being at a friends house, including a Porygon.

24. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

Can't describe the feeling when I caught a Snorlax. If there were children around I would have rubbed it in their faces and pushed them down.

marceting likes this.
  25. Jakob Allen

Trusted

I cant get past the designs of the newer pokemon. Maybe I have nostalgia glasses on for gen1 and 2 but the newer ones to me look ridiculous.

But as far as GO is concerned, I want to catch all the nostalgia. I want to catch them because I know them and want the whole collection that I had on a poster in my room as a kid. It will be great when my kids can catch all the newer ones in GO, but I want to enjoy it while its the original 150, and hopefully 2nd gen too, before I dont even recognize the pokemon appearing around me.