Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wavves Bans Racists and Homophobes From Shows

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Props

artbynickferran likes this.
  3. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I think more artists should use their platform to voice their opinions and raise awareness just like this. Major respect.

4. Junction183

Honestly he needs to chill.

CMilliken and LalalaBrian like this.
  5. Punk Out

We appreciate Wavves taking a stand against homophobia and other forms of discrimination.

6. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

I would argue that far more people need to be less chill about things like this.

7. Junction183

I'm sorry but just because someone supports Donald Trump, utters the words "All Lives Matter", or defends police officers doesn't make them racist or homophobic and the very thought that is does is destructive.

geauxtigers, fenway89, bored6 and 3 others like this.
  8. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I understand their mindset but wouldn't this bring out all the racists/homophobes?

9. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I'm sorry but if you want an openly racist and homophobic person to run your country then you are racist and homophobic.

10. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Curious. Destructive how?

Nick likes this.
  11. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

Yes, it does.

domotime2, Penguin, FTank and 6 others like this.
  12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

officially love wavves now.

13. morri3ma

So you can't defend police ever?

14. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

It's super cool that they're using their reach to convey their views, but I wish that in this statement, instead of saying something like "if you have ever in your entire life done X, then fuck off." They would say something like, "if you currently support X, then fuck off and don't come to shows until you have properly educated yourself. If you will hold those views, then continue to fuck off."

Knowledge is power, and people do grow out of terrible view points.

15. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I agree with most of the sentiment here, but he goes overboard a couple of times.

16. euphguapo

I'm sorry but that is just ridiculous. Maybe saying "All Lives Matter" is a bit unnecessary, but supporting Donald Trump does not mean you believe in all of his social and ethical views. Some people believe he is the lesser of two evils, and his support stems from that.

And supporing police officers makes you racist and homophobic? Seriously? That's like saying being a fan of baseball makes you misogynistic because there have been a few domestic disputes recently with players like Jose Reyes and Aroldis Chapman

17. St. Nate

Curious. WHere?

18. morri3ma

I'd say where he says you can't ever defend police in America, for one

LalalaBrian likes this.
  19. St. Nate

Context, bruh.

armistice, Zac Djamoos and dylan like this.
  20. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Points two and six for me. I'll start with number six though. I don't like Donald trump or what he stands for as much as anyone. But if you're at a music show, there for the music and nothing else, then your political agenda shouldn't be of concern to anyone. However, if you're there to push an agenda, chuck that person out.

Number 2 is hard for me to put into words right now, like I get what he's going for, but for me that statement is far too general. He doesn't specify what he means by "going out of your way to defend the police"

I agree there are many police officers who are morally corrupted and abuse their power, but there are just as many who want to help. This may have come off sounding very naive as what has just happened these past couple of days, but it's just how I feel in regards to his post.

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

it's pretty god damn obvious what he means by "going out of your way to defend the police"

22. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

It's just how I interpreted it, I don't want to cause any hostility.

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

that wasn't meant to be hostile. my b.

24. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

No worries. I get this is a very sensitive subject to many people, so I don't want anyone to think that I'm just standing up for all the police. Just those who do their job and don't abuse their power(s).

Nick likes this.
  25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

i also don't think "good cops" need to be defended at all by the populace. they still contribute to the unfair system that profits off the prosecution and murder of the innocent.