Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emarosa (Video)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Emarosa will be releasing their new album, 131, on July 8th via Hopeless Records. I feel as though 131 shatters the mold the band previously sat in and stands out as a modern rock masterpiece that delivers hit after hearft-felt hit. I recently had the opportunity to talk with frontman Bradley Walden as the band heads out on Warped Tour. You can find that interview by hitting read more.

2. SweetThye

@sweetthye

Cool interview Jackie! I love the confidence Bradley has in this record, in Emarosa as a band now, and in his art. Can't wait to hear this entire record. I've been playing the three songs they've released so far on repeat for months.

3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I was a little surprised to hear how Bradley was pretty disappointed in Verses. That record was half killer/half filler for me personally but I thought he loved it. I know it was their highest charting too so he must have felt validation after all the Jonny fanboys were hating on him from the get-go.

With all that said, I'm pretty blown away by 131 from the three singles they have released so far. Those three alone beat all of Verses in my eyes. If the whole record can be on par in terms of quality from Miracle/Cloud9/Helpless then wow... that right there can easily be an AOTY contender.

beachdude42 and carlosonthedrums like this.
  4. bloodinthesand

Regular

This album is flawless! Stunning

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

The fact that this is even a thing is horrible for the earth.

I cannot wait for this album. Everything so far sounds terrific.

beachdude42 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I never understood the love for Jonny. He sounds great on some songs but he's a one trick pony for me. Bradley>>>>>>>>>>> JC easily.

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. testtime

Regular

He definitely wasn't one trick when he was younger. DBM was really good and he sounded great. He wrote catchy gibberish hooks and he was imo more melodic then as to now. I think he lost the sound and creativity with age.

Bryan Diem and mattylikesfilms like this.
  9. I think this album is gonna make them reach a new level.

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. edquin

Yea because they are selling copies at Warped is what I heard.

mattylikesfilms and beachdude42 like this.
  11. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

"I feel as though 131 shatters the mold the band previously sat in and stands out as a modern rock masterpiece that delivers hit after hearft-felt hit."
    SO well-said! I can't wait for these guys to get the recognition they deserve for crafting such an amazing record front-to-back. Great interview!

edquin and mattylikesfilms like this.
  12. OpenIntro

llama llama

It's a great record overall, and it's quite the showcase for Bradley and his talents.

13. thetruthisvile

I sing in Sarah and the Safe Word.

131 is a serious AOTY contender. It's basically perfect.

14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

If it weren't for the 1975, I would agree. Coming in at a hard second spot tho.

15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Bums me tf out that Bradley doesn't really care for Verses too much, I think it's a really great collection of songs.

16. ARo24

Regular

Chorus logo on the mic you guys are getting big time! Haha kidding. Always been a big fan of Bradley I'm excited to check this out.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I was pretty shocked too but he probably thinks Verses didn't meet it's full potential and I personally agree with him. I don't think I can wait til Friday- I need this leak now hah.

18. cybele Jul 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 6, 2016)
    cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

Isn't the album titled Versus???

EDIT: Oops at me, didn't realize that they had come out with an EP called VS. I'll have to go check that out now!

19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Yeah, probably because McTernan makes everything sound fucking awful these days. Though I think the more aggressive parts towards the beginning are a little too heavy-handed, like the choruses of 100 Crowns and American Deja Vu. But all the slower tracks and slower parts of the aggro tracks are IMMENSE.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Not a fan of McTernan. He ruined SYG's Burning at Both Ends too. Way more stoked about Casey Bates doing 131!

I just think 131 will be more well rounded and consistent than Versus. I'm happy the band has finally found their sound with Bradley. He's a beast of a vocalist and one of my favorites behind a mic.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  21. McSpanky

131 is absolutely more well rounded from front to back. Versus had the problem of having one foot stuck in expectation and the other headed in a new direction but this album is consistent without blending together. Standouts for me are Sure, Young Lonely, and Re.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  22. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

131 is fantastic. I am going to be listening to this one a lot.