Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boys Night Out Stream New EP

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  2. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

so good

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Everyone is talking about the new Blink and incoming Brand New but this is blowing their shit out of the water. I don't think this band has released a bad song. To release an EP as perfect as this after a 9 year break is insane.

4. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

This is honestly much better than I was expecting it to be. These guys have not missed a beat.

5. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I am so glad we have them back!

6. SnarlingandStarryEyed

I'm crossing my fingers that they tour soon. It's been over ten years since I last saw them, and this EP could easily fit on any one of their last albums. Welcome the fuck back.

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This EP is so flawless to me. I love Boys Night Out but found their S/T pretty underwhelming in comparison to MYS and Trainwreck but HOT DAMNNNNNN Black Dogs is some of their finest work to date. "Obsequiarch" is probably in my top 3 BNO songs of all time. I can't stop listening to it.

I know these dudes can't tour because they're busy with kids, careers, and just living a normal life but man.. I would kill to see them in California. Crossed fingers for a mini tour someday!

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

All of this.

9. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

I did not expect to like this based on the band name. Boy was I wrong.

10. TakeLotsWithAlcohol

Regular Prestigious

This is amazing. I've tried shoving Trainwreck down anyone's throat that liked even one band that I did. This band is so special to me and I love that they've made songs this good after such a long break.

11. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

I mean after Trainwreck no one should be surprised but still, this sounds GRRRRREAT!

12. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Its amazing that they took off for 9 years and came back this strong. I've always loved the tone/feel of the band, and they captured it perfectly in this ep.

13. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Seriously impressive EP after such a long hiatus, some of the best songs they have ever written. Obsequiarch is stuck in my head forever.

14. SweetThye

@sweetthye

RULES

15. bloodinthesand

Regular

They can't write a bad song

16. jco3

Regular

The songs I've heard off this have been amazing. Excited to listen.

17. Holy fuck. This is incredible!

18. selfreliable

Regular

This is decent. I didnt care for Trainwreck much and didnt like S/T at all, so I expected this to be more in line with those opposed to MYS and Broken Bones. It has some great moments, Lust Phenomenon stands out to me, but I still miss the earlier sound of the band.

19. Jakob Allen

Trusted

I cannot wait to hear this. BNO are so consistently good. I know ST gets some flak around her but I think it is every bit as good as trainwreck. They are both masterpieces in my eyes.

And I agree about the blink/brand new talk. The new stuff BNO is releasing is so much better. And yes we can draw comparisons even though they are different styles, because they are all coming off hiatus es and releasing new music.

I Am Mick likes this.
  20. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

I always liked a few songs by these guys but never dug into their whole discography, but man this EP is great!!

21. BelieF

Regular

10/10, this ep shall keep me warm this winter.

22. RiseAgainst379

Regular

This EP is absolutely fantastic. It has little pieces of every release in it (except maybe Broken Bones), and 6 songs feels like the perfect length. Good to have BNO back for however long they want to stick around.

23. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Damn, every song is great. Well done.
    Lyrics are up for the first 3 songs on the album's bandcamp.

24. TBok

Showing em how it's done! This is amazeballs!

25. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

LOVE THIS!