Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dozens of Sexual Assaults Reported at Swedish Music Festivals

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Associated Press:

Police Inspector Leif Nystrom said there had been 32 reports of attacks by boys or young men at a three-day festival in the city of Karlstad, 300 kilometers (190 miles) west of the capital, Stockholm. The youngest alleged victim was 12. Police identified seven young men they wanted to question.\

And:

In neighboring Denmark, where the annual weeklong Roskilde rock festival attended by 130,000 people wound up on Sunday, police said they had reports of five cases of alleged rape or sexual assault, which police officer Carsten Andersen described as “nothing out of the ordinary at such a big event, although every single case is too much.”

2. Schooner

Trusted

Damn. My mate lives in Sweden. Reckons it's gone downhill reaaallll fast

3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

awful and depressing

4. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

In 2011, Forbes ranked Sweden as 4th best country in the world for women and Denmark as 7th. Either the world really sucks for women or yeah, it's gone downhill real, real fast.

5. Schooner

Trusted

From his first hand knowledge, he tells me they're immigration policies have become pretty lackadaisical in the last couple years

mikalcheuk likes this.
  6. monkeytarget

Nothing to do with immigration. Most of the sexual assaults in Sweden are from "ordinary" swedes and not immigrants.

7. Schooner

Trusted

image.jpeg

8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Police have withdrawn their statement, turns out only two of the seven men were immigrants. Such a stupid and dangerous statement to make in the first place.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  9. transrebel59

Regular

You were at the festivals?

Schooner likes this.
  10. heymcfly

Five cases of alleged rape or sexual assault are "nothing out of the ordinary"?

Can somebody please find that guy and smack him upside the head for me?

What an unbelievably stupid thing for ANYBODY to say, let alone someone who's sworn duty is to protect the public.

11. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

His sworn duty is to protect the public, not lie to them. He's a cop, and he's probably seen way more of these cases than he'd ever care to. You might want to read over to the next sentence where he says that even one is too many. He's just commenting on how widespread a problem it's become.

Schooner likes this.
  12. heymcfly

I read the full post before commenting. I stand by my comment.

13. monkeytarget