Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Devil Wears Prada Part Ways With Drummer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Always felt left out that I never got the hype around these guys. I dig the Zombie EP, but that's it

3. red8ge

Regular

Sounded like it wasn't a peachy split.

4. AllenRicketts

Regular

He was always super nice to fans after shows. One of those dudes who was genuinely interested in what you had to say. Hopefully he bounces back soon. I'd love to see him in a different genre.

5. Nolessthanblink

Are You Watching Closely?

Im with you. Loved Roots and Zombie, but nothing else

red8ge likes this.
  6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

They were always one of my favourite metalcore bands and one of the few that I still listen to now, so I hope they can pull through this and release another great album.

7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Hopefully they come back with an awesome album.

8. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Boy, this one hurts. Dan Williams was huge for TDWP, met the guy twice; his signature is the only band member's that is on my copy of Zombie. Wish him the absolute best, but what a bummer.

9. emeril91

AP.net user of 8 years. Music lover.

Oh geez. Loved these guys for a long time, always enjoyed his work. Hey Prada, I love playing your stuff if you're looking for a replacement!

But seriously, seeing these guys in two weeks, can't wait.

10. SnarlingandStarryEyed

One of those bands that always put on an amazing live show. They always in my opinion, resonated so much better live than on record. Bummer about Daniel, he is a really chill dude. I'm still looking forward to hearing their new shit.

11. sayitaintjoe

Damnnnn Daniel

12. thechetearly

Regular

This band needs to hang. it. up.

13. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

At this point, is TDWP even a relevant band anymore? Like I'm not try to be a shithead by saying that but it honestly feels like that band has peaked long ago and now they're nowhere near the popularity they once had.

14. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Why? If Norma Jean had said the same thing, we never would have gotten Meridional or Wrongdoers. TDWP can always make great jams that some of us still enjoy.

Jake W likes this.
  15. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Their last album is my favourite by far so I really don't want them to break up.

16. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I loved Roots and Zombie was a good listen but nothing else has really stuck with me from these guys.

17. ParkwayTom

Forgive me, Nashville

Dan was definitely the most interesting member of the band, musically. This is a shame. With he and Chris gone (and James back a few years ago), I'm wondering what the new album is going to sound like. They were the two that really wrote all of the music, from what I understand.

There more recent stuff took a few listens, but it's really grown on me. Still a solid band in my opinion.