Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wreck-It Ralph Getting a Sequel

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Would love to see this with a plot that Ralph is getting a console port, preferable with like a create-your-own-adventure type level builder a la Super Mario Maker. I think that would be a ton of fun, and it could pair really well with the first movie which is a send up to arcade gaming, this could be a send up to console gaming. And just as the terminal in the first movie is the power strip, maybe this one could be the cloud, or the console harddrive or something like that.

You could create a really enjoyable movie out of console gaming premise.

3. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Was this not obvious? It was a successful Disney film. Of course this was gonna happen.

4. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I don't know what it is about this movie, but it left zero imprint on me while watching it. I know some of it had to do with the climactic scene feeling a little too similar to The Iron Giant, but throughout the rest of it I still couldn't find a way to get into the story or its characters despite my love for video games as a kid.

Found it surprising that Disney set aside such a huge announcement for this, though. Thought it would be more along the lines of a slate of films that were getting sequels.

5. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Loved the first one and I love that this one is going to delve into the internet. Should be awesome!

6. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Would be cool to see some shout outs to some more modern games in the new one