Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Andy From Fall Out Boy Drumming in Sect

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Andy Hurley from Fall Out Boy is also playing in a band called Sect. They’ve posted three songs up on Bandcamp and will be releasing their debut album on August 5th via Deathwish. Noisey has more details on the band:

Comprised of [Chris] Colohan on vocals, James Chang and Scott Crouse on guitar, Ian Edwards on bass, and drummer Andrew Hurley, Sect rips and roars, chugs and stomps, and generally just fucking shreds. Colohan’s caustic vocals are instantly recognizable, all sneer and snarl, and the unexpected shards of melody studding the otherwise cutthroat template of tracks like “Sinking” add a darker, moodier dimension to the short, sharp hardcore shocks of songs like “Scourge of Empire” and “Death Dealer.”

2. bloodinthesand

Regular

The one thing I really have respect for is sticking to his vegan straightedge convictions

3. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

Need more Damned Things more than I need more FOB or this band

4. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

^ Beat me to it. What I wouldn't give for another record from The Damned Things. So much catchy material in an album with some seriously killer riffs.

5. Horrorca

Trusted

this is pretty cool - some old school thrash vibes

6. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

It's good. Not $1000 good.

7. Shenevercalled

Newbie Supporter

Nice to hear him playing real drums again...

bmoney389 and dead_fm like this.
  8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Nice to hear him playing something that he couldn't drum in his sleep for the first time in a while

bmoney389 likes this.
  9. rst

Regular

"Straight edge vegan hardcore supergroup" lol. But seriously, whats up with them charging $1,000 for an mp3 download. That's a joke or something, right?

10. dead_fm

Regular

This shit is real good. Andy is a super nice dude as well. Glad to see him doing something technically challenging again. And we get Colohan? Fuck yes.

11. Yea, what's up with that price?