Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Drake Once Again Tops Billboard Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Drake is once again at the top of the Billboard charts. This is the eighth week I’ve typed some variation of that while doing that post. Red Hot Chili Peppers come in at number two.

Back on the new Billboard 200 chart, Red Hot Chili Peppers’ The Getaway arrives at No. 2 with 118,000 equivalent album units (108,000 in traditional album sales). It’s the seventh top 10 album for the rock band, and third to hit the No. 2 slot (following their last studio album, 2011’s I’m With You, and 2002’s By the Way; the Chili Peppers have notched one No. 1 album: Stadium Arcadium, in 2006).

2. ReiAndCoke

The real question is: can Blink do it?

heyCamBowers likes this.
  3. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

it has the most popular song in the country and is generally just a massive streaming behemoth
    probably not.

4. atomiccounty

Regular

I was wondering the same thing. Looks like it will be close. Drake had 124k last week narrowly beating out RHCP new album at 118k debut.

5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Neighborhoods did 151k and they lost a lot of momentum from their reunion leading into that. Between how well Bored To Death has done, positive hype and streaming counting it should beat Drake. The question is beating Maxwell I think.

6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Just being positive lol. I don't think they counted streaming then either.

ComedownMachine likes this.