Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Daphne Loves Derby – “Horrible Sound”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

metallikunt likes this.
  2. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

I'm excited to check this out when I get home! I've been waiting for new music from these guys.

metallikunt likes this.
  3. TophTheOriginal

Wow, haven't heard that name in a long time.

metallikunt likes this.
  4. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Had no idea these guys were still a band

metallikunt likes this.
  5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

This is so so awesome.

metallikunt likes this.
  6. Ska Senanake

Trusted

They should rename the title of this song because it sounds phenomenal. I always wondered what happened to these guys, so glad they are back. Also, I loved the Wolftron album. So happy.

metallikunt likes this.
  7. felipecardel Jun 26, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 26, 2016)
    felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

what. how did i miss this?

edit: god i love it

metallikunt likes this.
  8. Love songs that get me all nostalgic even though they're brand new. This one takes me right back to 2005.

phillyfradet, metallikunt and OotyPa like this.
  9. felipecardel

this actually IS from '05 so maybe that's why haha

metallikunt likes this.
  10. Oh! Haha, had no idea. Thought it was totally new. Well that certainly explains it!

metallikunt likes this.
  11. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Do they plan to release anything new? This was as good as their back catalogue I guess, seeing it's an old song it makes sense, I'd be curious to hear some newly written music!

metallikunt likes this.
  12. metallikunt

I'm in love with the ordinary

Jason mentioned recently that there were three unfinished songs without lyrics. This is one of those songs. He even managed to get Kenny to sing on it too. I feel like they will finish all three and call it a day. They have enough finished material from the last ten years to put out an album though. Kenny is also about to have a little girl, so he'll probably have even less time for DLD, unfortunately.

Loving this song, it even has some lyrics from another old unfinished demo. There are a bunch of call backs to other lyrics too. I hope to god there is more to this, especially with Kenny being involved in this one, but I doubt there is. I've held out hope since Goodnight, Witness Light and will continue to do so. If they do finish those other two songs and they're half as awesome as this one and then they announce they're done, I'll be happy at that and will have closure. Either way I will always support these guys. Still hoping they put all the unreleased songs from the last ten years out on a CD. Failing that, Bandcamp them all in FLAC for a dollar each, give it a playlist order and an album name and it still counts as an album release. For those interested, Kenny unloaded a few unreleased songs to his Bandcamp a few years ago. Maybe if enough people buy them, they will release more.

Just search for Wolftron Bandcamp!

13. jorbjorb

7 rings

this song is saweet

metallikunt likes this.
  14. jean-luc davis

Shut the FFFFFFRESHFISH UP

I'm loving this song, I think today is gonna be a DLD day for me at work.

OotyPa and metallikunt like this.
  15. christophsays

I had no idea this was happening. so cool! at first it didn't sound like 2005 DLD, but it became more apparent as the song carried on. drums have the On the Strength vibe to them, some of the patterns are actually pretty similar to what Stu played then. nothing comes up on the Facebook Live even thing for me, but I would love to hear what went into this.

after hearing Kenny and Jason talk on the Casey Bates podcast, I was really hoping for some of the unreleased stuff to come out, or less likely, new stuff. glad we got something!

metallikunt likes this.
  16. metallikunt

I'm in love with the ordinary

Definitely glad about this. Finally listened to the live stream and I realize now that Kenny didn't add the vocals recently. It was taken from an old acoustic demo. Either way it sounds awesome. Bums me out a bit though because I thought Jason had gotten through to Kenny and convinced him to record ... not the case though. I hope Kenny is involved in the other two songs.

So looking through the unreleased (or partially released) songs from the last 10-ish years since Goodnight, Witness Light, we have:

Bedroom,
    Envy,
    Meta,
    Flight,
    Shine,
    Nova,
    Strawberry Eyes,
    Breathe,
    Rebel's War,
    Mare Infinitas,
    Waking Up,
    Tesseract Valley,
    Horrible Sound.

That is plenty of songs for an album release, even if it's in digital album form.

17. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

So so good to hear something from these guys again. There's just something about DLD that brings me back to high school.

18. rainydayrecess

Hey everyone... It's Jason from Daphne Loves Derby. I just learned that Chorus.fm has a forum. So glad to hear from you all! I will be releasing some more daphne rarities and demos, along with some merch with my solo album pre-order. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks!

19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Hi!!! Excited for all of that and the solo record but please consider releasing a new DLD record!!!

20. rainydayrecess

I am always open, but it might not happen for a long time... or ever. All the guys are doing great, but also don't have much time for music. This might be as good as it gets :( But I will always leave the door open...

21. felipecardel

don't worry! we'll always hope that a reunion happens, but y'all left a great legacy and it's awesome that everyone's doing well. i'm definitely interested in your album and the DLD rarities. let us know!

OotyPa likes this.
  22. rainydayrecess

JRGComedy likes this.