Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Spill Canvas Taking Set List Requests

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Spill Canvas are taking requests for what to play on their upcoming tour. Tour dates can also be found below.

Sept 14 | Greeley, CO | Moxi
    Sept 16 | Seattle, WA | El Corazon
    Sept 17 | Portland, OR | Hawthorne Theatre
    Sept 18 | San Francisco, CA | Slim’s
    Sept 20 | Los Angeles, CA | The Roxy Theatre
    Sept 21 | San Diego, CA | Voodoo Room @ House of Blues
    Sept 22 | Phoenix, AZ | The Rebel Lounge
    Sept 23 | Las Vegas, NV | Beauty Bar
    Sept 24 | Salt Lake City, UT | Billboard – Live
    Sept 25 | Denver, CO | Bluebird Theater
    Sept 27 | Austin, TX | Parish
    Sept 28 | Dallas, TX | The Prophet Bar
    Sept 29 | Houston, TX | Bronze Peacock Room @ House of Blue
    Sept 30 | New Orleans, LA | The Parish @ House of Blues
    Oct 1 | Memphis, TN | 1884 Lounge @ Minglewood
    Oct 2 | Nashville, TN | Exit/In
    Oct 4 | St. Louis, MO | Firebird
    Oct 5 | Indianapolis, IN | Emerson Theater
    Oct 6 | Valparaiso, IN | Big Shots
    Oct 7 | Madison, WI | The Frequency
    Oct 8 | Des Moines, IA | Vaudeville Mews

2. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

4′33″

3. chcougar1

Trusted

It's been awhile since they headlined in Seattle. Probably should check this out. I hope enough people vote for like 5 SS&CC songs.

4. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I really wish more bands did this. Part of me worries that fans would stuff the ballot with votes on songs from the big album, but maybe the band could use it just as a reference point - like, oh, fans actually want to hear Apple Shampoo? Shoot, maybe we should put it into the set! I'd expect singles to get the most votes, but maybe some random deep cut would get a few extra votes more than what was expected and you think about putting it in to the set.

5. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I'm so here for this. I've always wanted my favorite bands to do this because otherwise how will they know that I want to hear that one song that they think everybody forgot?

I also thought it'd be dope to include some crazy cover song options that the band might want to do but otherwise may not have a platform for.

6. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Great Band. One of the best moments of seeing any band live, has to be that quick clap in Lust A Prima Vista.

7. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I agree. It's very disappointing especially if its band you've seen already a few times and they basically play the same setlist each time. If more bands did cool stuff like this, at least to some extent,the setlists would be kept fresh. I bet a part of it, at least for some bands, is just not wanting to "learn" how to play their old stuff, but I guess if they planned this before the tour it wouldn't be much of an issue.

8. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Happy to see them finally playing in New Orleans for the first time in years...

9. Why does this band refuse to play philly?!!!

10. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Anybody catch this tour yet??? What's the setlist looking like?