Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Stream New Song; Say Goodbye

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

I knew this day was coming and I still find myself getting a little emotional finally having to make the post. After years of covering Yellowcard, it’s time to say goodbye. The band are now streaming their new single, “Rest in Peace,” and have announced that their new self-titled album will be the band’s final release. You’ll find an announcement from the band, a press release about the upcoming album, tour dates for the band’s final tour, and the song to stream, below. Pre-orders for the album are up on their website.

I’m sure there will be much to write and say about the band in the future, but for the moment I just want to say: thank you. It’s been a wild ride and I’ve loved being able to see the band’s rise to fame, comeback, and to be able to experience the past 15 or so years with your music. It’s been an absolute pleasure.

A Message From the Band

Putting this into words hasn’t been easy. When saying farewell, it is hard to know where to start, especially when there are so many reasons not to say it, but the time has come to share this news. After countless discussions and months of thought, we have decided that it is time for Yellowcard to come to an end. This will be our last album and our final world tour.
    The decision was an incredibly difficult one for us to make. We considered so many things – our families, our health, our future endeavors. In the end we realized that this was the right time to step away and preserve the legacy and integrity of the band. It is with you, the fans in mind, that this decision was made. We wanted to have the chance to share our farewell with as many fans around the world as we could, and now is the right time to do just that.

We went into this record knowing it would be the last, which is why we chose to have Ryan Key and Ryan Mendez produce it. The motivation behind this was to make sure these songs came from a place that was deeply rooted in us. We wanted to push ourselves to create a lasting finale for this incredible story on our own. It is also why we chose to self-title the album. We were lucky to still have our friend and mentor, Neal Avron, on board as Executive Producer and mixer and we’ve made one of the strongest records of our career and a fitting final creative piece.

Once this final chapter for Yellowcard comes to a close, we will all be heading in new directions in our lives, but these memories will never leave us. We can only hope that the memories we have made together with you will stay in your hearts as well. You have stood by us through all of the highs and lows on this unbelievable journey.

We will be forever grateful to Yellowcard fans all over the world for the opportunities you have given us. We have played shows for nearly two decades on six continents, and had the chance to keep recording the music we love year after year. While it is with sadness that we say goodbye, it is with gratitude and amazement that we look back on a career we can be proud of, and were so very lucky to have had.

Please come and join us on our last trip around the globe. We hope to share this final record and tour with each and every one of you.

“I won’t be with you, but I won’t be far away and this is goodbye.”

-Ryan, Sean, Ryan, and Josh

Press Release

“When saying farewell, it is hard to know where to start, especially when there are so many reasons not to say it, but the time has come to share this news,” said YELLOWCARD in a unified statement. “After countless discussions and months of thought, we have decided that it is time for Yellowcard to come to an end. This will be our last album and our final world tour.”
    With this statement, YELLOWCARD have announced that the band will be releasing their final self-titled album on September 30, 2016 on Hopeless Records and embark on “The Final World Tour”, kicking off on October 6 in San Antonio, TX. “We wanted to have the chance to share our farewell with as many fans around the world as we could, and now is the right time to do just that.”

YELLOWCARD was a very personal journey for the band that was self-produced by Ryan Key and guitarist Ryan Mendez with long-time ally and close friend Neal Avron close by as Executive Producer. “The motivation behind this was to make sure these songs came from a place that was deeply rooted in us,” they explain about taking the reins and crafting it from top to bottom. “We wanted to push ourselves to create a lasting finale for this incredible story on our own. It is also why we chose to self-title the album. We were lucky to still have our friend and mentor, Neal Avron, on board as Executive Producer. We’ve made one of the strongest records of our career and a fitting final creative piece.”

Pre-orders for YELLOWCARD begin today at www.yellowcardrock.com
    which includes an instant download of the opening track “Rest in Peace”. Pre-sale VIP packages for the tour are also available now. Public on sale will begin June 28th.

As the band spends their summer on the Vans Warped Tour before launching into their final stretch, they are especially appreciative to the fans that have been there every step of the way. “We will be forever grateful to Yellowcard fans all over the world for the opportunities you have given us. We have played shows for nearly two decades on six continents, and had the chance to keep recording the music we love year after year. While it is with sadness that we say goodbye, it is with gratitude and amazement that we look back on a career we can be proud of, and were so very lucky to have had.”

YELLOWCARD will be released on September 30, 2016 via Hopeless Records. Yellowcard is Ryan Key (vocals, guitars), Sean Mackin (violins), Ryan Mendez (guitar), and Josh Portman (bass).

Tour Dates

Oct. 6 San Antonio, TX The Aztec Theater
    Oct. 7 Austin, TX Scoot Inn
    Oct. 8 Dallas, TX Gas Monkey Bar N’ Grill
    Oct. 9 Houston, TX House of Blues
    Oct. 11 Albuquerque, NM Sunshine Theater
    Oct. 12 Tempe, AZ The Marquee Theatre
    Oct. 14 Las Vegas, NV Brooklyn Bowl
    Oct. 15 Santa Ana, CA The Observatory
    Oct. 16 San Diego, CA House of Blues
    Oct. 18 Los Angeles, CA The NOVO
    Oct. 19 Ventura, CA Majestic Ventura Theater
    Oct. 21 Santa Cruz, CA The Catalyst
    Oct. 22 San Francisco, CA The Regency Ballroom
    Oct. 23 Sacramento, CA Ace of Spades
    Oct. 25 Portland, OR Roseland Theater
    Oct. 26 Seattle, WA The Showbox
    Oct. 28 Salt Lake City, UT The Complex
    Oct. 29 Denver, CO Summit Music Hall
    Oct. 31 Minneapolis, MN Mill City Nights
    Nov. 2 Milwaukee, WI The Rave
    Nov. 3 Chicago, IL House of Blues
    Nov. 4 Chicago, IL House of Blues
    Nov. 5 Detroit, MI The Fillmore Detroit
    Nov. 7 Boston, MA House of Blues
    Nov. 9 New York, NY PlayStation Theater
    Nov. 11 Huntington, NY The Paramount
    Nov. 12 Philadelphia, PA Electric Factory
    Nov. 13 Sayreville, NJ Starland Ballroom
    Nov. 15 Baltimore, MD Baltimore Soundstage
    Nov. 17 Charlotte, NC The Fillmore Charlotte
    Nov. 18 Jacksonville, FL Mavericks at The Landing
    Nov. 19 Atlanta, GA The Masquerade – Heaven Stage
    Nov. 20 Ft. Lauderdale, FL Revolution Live
    Nov. 22 Lake Buena Vista, FL House of Blues

2. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This feels weird. I don't know how else to explain it. As long as I've been into this "scene" Yellowcard has been there more or less. Let's hope the last record is a goodie!

Side note: very interesting Warped let them announce their fall tour already

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

WOAH

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It feels like the right time for the band to do this. You don't wanna fade away and do smaller venues each year like some bands who refuse to give up. Plus I'm sure they are in their mid 30's by now and wanting to see what else is out there in life. Good luck boys and I look forward to hearing this final album!

DejaMoi, beachdude42 and Zilla like this.
  5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This makes me really sad. One of my all-time favorite bands for a very long time. I'm gonna miss them.

sebastianrcgr and CMilliken like this.
  6. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I want a refund on 2016.

Thank God for their music. Thankful for it, and them, and that they are doing this on their own terms.

Spencer Rhoton and CMilliken like this.
  7. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Guess I should go to Warped and brave the heat/crowds just to see them one more time. Bummer, grew up with this band.

CMilliken likes this.
  8. DearCory

Regular

excuse me while I cry in my cubicle the rest of the day. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

SIDE NOTE: When listening to the new song this morning (before hearing about the breakup) all I could think of was how they have consistently put out such incredible music, and how much the music they put out since their initial hiatus meant to me (in addition to their pre-hiatus music). I can't process this.

9. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Their website won't load for me, but I'm going to miss this band immensely.

10. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Ugh. What a bummer. Going out similarly to MCS.

11. Jared Luttrell

Regular

First Motion City Soundtrack and now Yellowcard. The bands of my youth are going away. I feel like I have to see them this fall.

12. zachff

deadformat.net/collection/zachff Prestigious

Sad but not surprised the way I was with MCS. They're doing two shows in Chicago on this tour, so at least I'll be able to see them then a couple times. They had a good run.

13. efp722

Regular

I get it. Doesn't make it any easier to accept. They had a great sound for along time that only got better and better. Lift A Sail was a change in a new direction and it unfortunately never clicked for me. I had really high hopes for this album being a return to form (selfishly, I admit) but if this song is any indication, i probably will enjoy it as much as I did Lift a Sail.

Great Great Great band. Grew up with these guys and its sad to see them go. Really happy that they are able to go out on their own terms.

14. Liz

Ew, David

This hurts me. Yellowcard was the first band I ever listened to that belonged to this scene & they were the first band whose album I liked from start to finish. I'm sad.

Spencer Rhoton and CMilliken like this.
  15. m9tt

heaven knows what i am

**sniffles**

16. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

NO NO NO I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THIS

sebastianrcgr likes this.
  17. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Grabbed a cool vinyl package.

Can't afford the VIP tour stuff.

18. sawhney[rusted]

luv is blind

One of the best discographies this scene has ever produced. The band and their families should be proud of the legacy they're leaving behind.

19. Alec Joy

Regular Prestigious

God damnit

20. HueyLewis

Regular

I wonder how many people that funded Ryan's studio were hoping he would be making yellowcard albums there? Regardless, he's stoked he got a free studio.

Serenity Now and Davjs like this.
  21. MattNCheeze

Trusted

I've yet to see Yellowcard perform so it looks like Warped and Atlanta will be my last opportunities.

22. ZeoVGM

Regular

Well this sucks.

23. Free? You're downright crazy if you think that.

beachdude42 and Aaron Mook like this.
  24. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Definitely wanna go to Chicago on this, I can't miss them

Essie likes this.
  25. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i mean, they did make a Yellowcard album there...

r0m4n44, Davjs, beachdude42 and 2 others like this.