Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mayday Parade – “Let’s Be Honest” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. goation

Regular

This album was great. I'm really bummed for them that it didn't do better commercially. I still listen to it pretty regularly.

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This was easily the band's best work since Jason Lancaster left. I feel the same way though, surprised it didn't make a bigger impact.

wheelbarrow and beachdude42 like this.
  4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Agreed with both of these. That album deserved way more success.

wheelbarrow and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  5. kyleadams

formerly thisisalchemy Prestigious

Agreed

6. CMilliken

Trusted

I honestly wasn't going to check this album out cause I was sick of the same sounding album from them. Quite a few people in the forms seemed to like it and said they'd changed their sound quite a bit.

Really hope they don't digress because it didn't do as well as it should have. It's a great album.

7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This album faded on me really quickly. I haven't listened to it since like November.

8. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Jason Lancaster wrote their best songs and they haven't been able to match those songs since...

wheelbarrow likes this.
  9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Eh, first album is their weakest.

10. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

This album was a good step for them, but ultimately felt like they only half-committed to a new sound.

11. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

I loved this album. One of my faves from last year.

12. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

Easily their best album, but this is one of my least favorite songs off of it.

13. jco3

Regular

Yeah, really liked this album. Good stuff indeed.

wheelbarrow likes this.
  14. wheelbarrow

Trusted, Not Rusted.

It's one of my favorites, I like it much better than the first two singles which I thought were on the lower end of the album. Still really enjoying the record, it's not leaving the rotation anytime soon.

15. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Great song & great album. Will be catching their set at warped.

16. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i haven't listened to them in a long time but anywhere but here was a sack of garbage, so...

17. flateric

Damnit, I had them mixed up with these.

Got excited for a moment then.

18. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I forgot to listen to this album. I should.

19. jakeryandesigns

That's just like, you're opinion man...

But opinions aside, their second album is pretty much hated by even their biggest fans, and their first album saw them reach a level of success they haven't been able to achieve since...

I don't think I've ever spoken to anyone who doesn't think their first album was the best, and that the band was weakened by not having both Jason and Derek on vocals.

Oruc Stolon likes this.
  20. This is a solid album ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

That's not a great album either, but I still think it had better songs than ALIR

22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I've seen a lot of people who think the S/T is best. I'm glad Jason left Mayday Parade, Mayday got better and Close the Distance happened, another album that's far superior to ALIR. his vocals fit that style a lot better too.

ilikedesigning likes this.
  23. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Need to go back and give this album another listen. I haven't come back to it in a while since it never really grabbed me, but maybe another listen will do the trick.

24. Morkypep

This might be their best record. I still listen to it.

25. goation

Regular

Thier first is definitely weak on the list but it's still a pretty fun record to listen to. Anywhere But Here has some good songs that I like, but I'd almost always rather listen to the acoustic versions because I think almost every song is like 10 - 20 BPM too fast and would sound much better a half step down. Also, commercially, Monsters in the Closet is their most successful. So I think it's ridiculous to say they haven't matched their success with Jason. Derek is a great singer.

FTank likes this.