Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gerard Way to Begin Writing Music Again

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. This is such a weird announcement to ever see from artists. My thought is always, "Aren't they writing all the time?"

As a career, I get setting aside time to specifically focus on writing, but still. I figure better ideas would be coming out on the road and while staying busy then during some sectioned-off segment of time when you're hoping ideas will be flowing.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  3. hypernights.

I guess it's important to keep in mind that he has to set aside time for other demanding projects, too.

Raku likes this.
  4. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

It's because they're announcing the MCR reunion this fall.

...not

CMilliken and Carmensaopaulo like this.
  5. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Didn't care for his solo album at all. Hope this will be a departure from that style.

6. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Too soon. Always too soon <\3

I'm working on a couple artistic projects and personally I think I'm more productive when I work one at a time so I get why he would wait to start writing again. That said this "announcement" could also just be to give fans a timeline to expect, or he even might just be referring to cleaning up/editing/writing out ideas he already has.

Also is it unfair for me to be concerned about how musically productive he can be? He's got his own imprint now, several comics he's working on, and a family at that. Where does he find the time?

7. Yeah that's fair

8. Shenevercalled

Newbie Supporter

I really was hoping for a 10 year Black Parade tour. Seems less and less likely though

9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

This isn't really an announcement, it's just a reply to a fan and it's something quite a few fans are probably wondering since he's working pretty much full time on his comics at the moment so he probably isn't working on music at the moment.

I'm excited for whenever he finally does put something else out though.

Chase Tremaine and coleslawed like this.
  10. Kristen

Regular

Maybe he meant more of writing with intent. I'm sure most musicians are always writing just to get the ideas out of their and into something tangible but he might not have known what each piece was going to be for or developed them into full ideas yet. That's what I took from it.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  11. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

It's often hard to believe a lot of what Gerard says because he seems to bounce around so much and change his mind. A while back when touring on Hesitant Alien I remember him saying he was ready to record/already recording his 2nd album. After Black Parade and during Danger Days he did the same thing.

12. SpyKi

Yeah he tends to scrap an album or so after everything he does.

heymattrick likes this.
  13. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haha want this to be true so badly.

14. SpyKi

There is 0% chance of an MCR reunion this year.

15. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

/Ever

16. SpyKi

I'd say that too but I'd probably give a 1% chance, you never know.

17. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Loved his last album and I'm ready for something new. Hope he doesn't skip my area on tour with the next one!!

18. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

coleslawed and Carmensaopaulo like this.