Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dashboard Confessional “Deep” Into Recording

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Chris Carrabba confirms with Miami New Times that Dashboard Confessional are deep into recording their new album.

“Our set list will run the gamut,” Carrabba says. “We’re going to play songs from all the albums.” He promises fans will hear a new track too, a hint of what’s to come as Dashboard Confessional works on its first new batch of songs since 2009’s Alter the Ending. “We’re deep in the recording now, but I want to get a little deeper before we announce when and how we release it.”

2. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Hopefully that "May" song isn't representative of what this will sound like, was pretty damn bad.

3. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

From the way the article is written it makes it sound like May isn't even on the record the way they talk about hearing a taste of the record.

4. Schooner

Trusted

Yeah. I have no idea what was going on with May, that song was scatters. Strange considering Twin Forks was best "DC" album in 13yrs

5. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Even though "May" wasn't this good, I'm still excited for new Dashboard Confessional.

6. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Really hoping for a good Dashboard album.

7. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Stoked for any new DC music. Saw him/them last year with 3EB and he sounded incredible.

8. DearCory

Regular

He said last night, in Atlanta, that his "new stuff reminds him of his old stuff" in all the right ways... he said he "had to go away to come back." Makes sense.

The new song's verse had the EXACT same iambic pentameter as Cecilia and the Satellite.

Also, still, I guess I'm the only one who liked the May song :embarrassed: