Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tom DeLonge’s Continued Search for Aliens

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Tom DeLonge of Angels and Airwaves spoke with Mic.com:

Well it’s not so much about Blink. It’s about what I’m doing with my life now. When you’re an individual like me, dealing with something that’s a national security issue, and you’re being gifted with the opportunity to communicate something you’ve been passionate about your whole life — something that has the opportunity to change the world over time — being a small part of that is enormously important for my life path.

But I can’t do everything. I can’t tour nine months out of the year with enough time to do the enormity of what I’m setting out to do.

2. GameOfThrones

Regular

He was always like this, but when we were younger we thought it was cool.

3. stefoske

He sounds deluded about his own importance and in general about reality.

Every time I see this stuff it just bums me out.

4. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I agree. At this point its just a bummer. Tom's a huge talent, he just can't seem to focus his energy in a way to utilize his talents.

5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Lol classic Tom: Events have happened on the ground. It's all around us. I know of stuff I can't talk about right now.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. skatinbrad

"I, I do important things now. When you're like me - extremely talented and gifted and you're worried about national security, you don't worry about touring in my cash cow band. Because I want to seem like the bigger man. Once I discover the aliens, and they play my albums throughout the galaxy, we'll see who's laughing"

7. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I love the headline, the article is hilarious.

8. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Wouldn't be a Tom Delonge Alien Thread without this

[​IMG]

9. This is my favorite thing

10. skurt

Still waiting for the day this happens to Tom.
    [​IMG]

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  11. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

yes, it is sad. Very sad that his mind is this warped. Hopefully it's not early onset dementia.

12. Raku

Regular

One minute Tom is all about blink-182 (even when he isn't in the band) next minute he's a million times better than/above blink-182.

I wish he would just make up his damned mind.

13. Neon Light

rage and love

Hmm yes I can see why those two things would conflict. It would suck to miss a call from Mars because of a sold out arena show or something.

14. skurt

Mars: Hello? Is this Tom Delonge?
    Tom: YEWWAH!!!!!!
    Mars: We want AVA to play a gig on the red planet, you down?
    Tom: YEWWAH!!!!

15. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't even think that would get him to play a show as A&A.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. skurt

Tom Delonge & the Alleyuhns!!!!!!

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I could see that.

skurt likes this.
  18. Stevie

Regular

"Yeah, isn't that the weirdest thing? It's weird that people remember that song. It's, like, an eighth album track from, like, 20 years ago" - 3rd song Tom, THIRD SONG.

19. skurt

Haha yeah and he spoke like song 8 on an album is the least memorable or something.

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I BELIEVE TOM. I STAND WITH YOU.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  21. Stevie

Regular

I just don't get why he thinks people WOULDN'T remember that song. It's great. He truly underestimates how enjoyable and interesting his songwriting was at the time, considering how boring it is now!

Raku and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  22. Cola.

I was such a looker in the old days Prestigious

This is just so sad

Raku and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  23. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

It was entertaining before but I think there's something else going on with him. Aliens are cool but it's scary how delusional he is. I hope he gets help.

Raku, Dirty Sanchez and fenway89 like this.
  24. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

like, he really doesn't sound that bad? He's quite clearly incredibly passionate about this whole thing and the more he's learned from these "sources" at these big organisations the more his passion has been validated (for lack of a better word). It's just a worry that these "sources" are not quite at the level he thinks they are & they're just bullshitters...

25. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

The US Government is not giving some D tier musician any truly classified info.

Raku and AelNire like this.