Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Owen – “Settled Down”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

Really looking forward to this album and hearing however The Tallest Man and Bon Iver contributed.

3. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

God this is so good. How this guy writes song structures like this will forever be beyond me.

bradsonemanband and sean_rugy like this.
  4. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I would kill to be able to just throw together a structure like that. Jesus. Listened to the first Owen album last night, it's amazing. I think I might really love this project, probably shouldn't have slept on it for this long.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. TedSchmosby

Trusted

So good. The full band sound sounds better than ever

6. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

If I'm reading correctly it appears that the Bon Iver/Tallest Man connection is from S. Carey, who produced the record? Could be totally wrong but that's all I found.

7. Cody

Whoa, S. Carey produced this? Consider me fucking super in.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  8. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

This is part of the press release:

"Where Owen’s prior outings were almost entirely performed by Kinsella on his own, Carey brought in some of the Badger State’s finest players to add new flesh to his bare-boned songcraft. Kinsella, as usual, is up front on guitar, vocals, bass, drums, and bells, accompanied by Carey (keyboards, vocals, drums, bells) and such WI musicians as Zach Hanson, who also served as engineer on the record, violist Michael Noyce, pedal steel guitarist/keyboard player Ben Lester, horns player Andy Hofer, and bassist Jeremy Botcher, all of whom share credits including Bon Iver, S. Carey, and The Tallest Man On Earth. Together the combo crafts an expansive but still grounded backdrop for Kinsella’s candid confessionals."

9. jco3

Regular

Amazing.

10. joshuaharris

Mike is my man crush.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

He's so fucking talented

Cody likes this.
  12. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Mike Kinsella and Sean Carey working together is something of my dreams.

Letterbomb31 and Cody like this.
  13. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

this is going to be special.

14. This song is everything I love about Owen

15. Cody

Haha, didn't you say that about the other track released off this record too? Or was that this one, just in the Owen thread.

16. That post was about this one too. Haha

Cody likes this.
  17. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Woah what, Sean Carey produced?! I'll need to listen to the single in a second, but this is a weird combo and that's awesome to hear there are Tallest Man and Bon Iver dropped somehow onto that album!

18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Well, it's just wonderful!