Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Passing 10,000 Members

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

It’s been about two and a half months since I launched Chorus and this week we passed 10,000 registered members on our forums. This is an exciting milestone and I’ve been pretty damn blown away by how fast our community has been growing, evolving, and easily becoming my favorite place to talk about almost any topic. Stats wise, we also recently passed a quarter million posts and our supporter members numbers have, for lack of a better term, left me speechless. I’ve got a number in my head that if we reach, the website will become perpetually sustainable for me to do full-time, and I really do think we can hit that number in our first year. If you’ve been thinking of signing up, please give our options a look and come join us in the supporter forum to say hi! I have plans to do a live blog/first impression run through of the new Butch Walker album tomorrow night and the Q&A thread has easily become my favorite in the entire forum (even if like half of it is probably Brand New related questions).

Once again I just want to say thank you to everyone that reads this website every day. It’s been incredibly fun to put together and run over the past couple of months.

NewSurrender, 150Wrds, Tyler and 3 others like this.
  2. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

it's been a great improvement on the platform and i hope you can hit that magic number @Jason Tate

3. heymynameisjoe likes this.
  4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

How many did Absolutepunk have?

5. JohnR831 Jun 16, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 16, 2016)
    JohnR831

Regular

Congratulations! I've continued to enjoy visiting the site every day. It remains the place where I get most of my music news, and look forward to discussion about bands and news I care about!

6. ARo24

Regular

Dam, very impressive. I love the new site and hope you hit your mark. Not a doubt in mind it will happen.

7. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I adjusted to Chorus after a couple days, which I think says a ton about the design and usability of it. Congrats!

FTank and Jason Tate like this.
  8. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Keep it going!

9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

This is so awesome. Glad to be part of such an awesome community.

10. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Congrats, Jason & Crew. The site super clicked for me finally over the last couple weeks. A Perfect evolution from AP, that's for damn sure.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Congrats! Onwards and upwards!

image.gif

12. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  13. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Aw this makes me happy

14. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Congrats! The new site has been great.

15. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Congrats, I spend more time here then on absolutepunk and post a lot more to :)

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Took a bit to get used to but now I pretty much feel that this site is better than AbsolutePunk in pretty much every way

FTank, Carmensaopaulo and skurt like this.
  17. Damien Davies Jun 16, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 17, 2016)
    Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Congratulations Jason on creating such a great entertainment discussion platform.

I promise I'll renew my supporter subscription! My bank is just being a dick right now.

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. partyscene

my holy ghost is hovering over me

Congratulations! Chorus is great improvement and I love every second I spent here.

19. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I also spend way more time here than I ever did on AP. Mobile was so unfriendly in the forums that I never posted and the discussions are what keep me coming back to Chorus. In this day and age, I can get music news anywhere, but the community here really is something special and I look forward to seeing it continue to grow.

I'm curious to see how long it takes before Chorus has more members than AP did cause I feel like there's a lot of growth potential, especially with all the new alt music fans who weren't around for AP.

Jason Tate likes this.
  20. Really glad to see Chorus being successful. I have some aesthetic gripes but overall the transition was really smooth and I am proud to support the site! I'm way more into the forums and community on this site as well, and mobile is so much better. I still wish a lot of AP.net's content could have been saved, but oh well.

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

A sincere congrats to Tate is definitely in order for this news. At first I was honestly unsure about the change from AP to Chorus but since then I've been really happy about the new site and forums. The mobile site here is (in my opinion) miles better than the ap.net mobile site and that's a pretty big deal-breaker for me. Way to go my friend, I appreciate and will always continue to be thankful for all the hard work you've always put into these sites and community.

22. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

That's awesome! The community being built here has made this my favorite place to hang out on the Internet and I know a lot of people feel the same way. I'm sure whatever magic number is needed will happen and that makes me happy.

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. razorburn Jun 17, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 26, 2021)
    razorburn

Trusted

Congratulations!

Chorus is always my first destination when I wake up and have morning coffee.

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

Congrats! The improvements are impressive! I too agree I visit here more often than I did AP. The mobile access is so much more accessible. I'm really excited for the future of this site. Keep killing it Jason!

Jason Tate likes this.