Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Two Door Cinema Club – “Are We Ready? (Wreck)”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Great song, even greater band.

3. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

Yay! I was wondering about them and Bombay Bicycle Club the other day - turns out I missed that BBC are going on a hiatus of sorts.

4. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Always dreamed of a "Club Tour" featuring TDCC, BBC, and Tokyo Police Club. Hahah

5. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

It'd be called 'Let's Go Clubbing!''

6. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Love their first record. Pretty meh on their second. This sounds like it should have been on their second.

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

First record is amazing. Second is very good but a grower. This is good but sounds very much like an evolution of Beacon. I miss the summery jangly guitar lines a lot.

Gooddayz likes this.
  8. finnyscott

I'm from New York. No, not the city.

Oh wow I love this

9. brentkid

Regular

Loved the first album. Second was okay.

Not sure how I feel about this song yet.

10. ohitsjustrob

"The only truth is music." Supporter

Definitely a grower. I wasn't into it that much upon first listening, but then I played it some more and now it has been stuck in my head. Excited to see what the rest of the album is like.

11. AshlandATeam

Trusted

So I decided to give Beacon a handful of listens the last couple days. And I was pleasantly surprised! It's really a solid record.

Then I listened to Tourist History and yep - it's somewhere between 10 and 1000x better.

Had Beacon been put out by a random band, I'd like it better. Is that fair? I don't know. It's good for what it is. I just think TH is so much better that it colors the way I listen to Beacon.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I actually prefer Beacon by now, it used to be the other way a year prior, but songs like "Wake Up", "Sun", and "Pyramid" make the record #1 for me.