Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Letlive. Release ‘If I’m The Devil…’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

My thanks to Letlive. and Epitaph Records for sponsoring Chorus this week. The band released their new album, If I’m The Devil…, today and you should definitely go give that a listen on Spotify or Apple Music or pick it up. The band will also embark on a headline tour of the U.S. in June to support the album’s release. All of the band’s tour dates are listed below.

June 14 Los Angeles, CA – The El Rey
    June 15 Mesa, AZ – Nile Theater
    June 17 Odessa, TX – Club Patron
    June 18 Dallas, TX – The Door
    June 19 Tulsa, OK – The Vanguard
    June 21 San Antonio, TX – The Rock Box
    June 22 Houston, TX – Scout Bar
    June 24 Atlanta, GA – The Masquerade – Hell
    June 25 Orlando, FL – The Social
    June 26 Tampa, FL – The Orpheum
    June 28 Jacksonville, FL – 1094 Music Hall
    June 29 Greensboro, NC – Arizona Pete’s
    June 30 Philadelphia, PA – Underground Arts
    July 05 Allston, MA – Brighton Music Hall
    July 06 New York, NY – Irving Plaza
    July 08 Virginia Beach, VA – Shaka’s
    July 09 Baltimore, MD – Baltimore Soundstage
    July 10 Pittsburgh, PA – Altar Bar
    July 12 Cleveland, OH – Agora Theatre and Ballroom
    July 15 Columbus, OH – Park Street Salon
    July 16 Pontiac, MI – The Crofoot
    July 17 Bridgeview, IL – Toyota Park
    July 18 Minneapolis, MN – Skyway Theater
    July 20 St. Louis, MO – Fubar
    July 21 Lawrence, KS – Granada Theater
    July 22 Denver, CO – The Summit Music Hall
    July 23 Salt Lake City, UT – The Complex
    July 25 Portland, OR – Bossanova Ballroom – Social Club (Upstairs)
    July 27 Seattle, WA – El Corazon
    July 29 Orangevale, CA – The Boardwalk
    July 30 San Francisco, CA – Social Hall SF
    July 31 Santa Ana, CA – The Observatory

Pre-order the album.

My sincere thanks to Letlive. and Epitaph Records for sponsoring Chorus this week.

2. foofighter51

Was not expecting Fall Out Boy 2.0

3. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

thats cool of them.

album sucks though

fenway89 likes this.
  4. kaeru

pillbugpdx Supporter

Just finished my first listen of the album, I like it a lot so far. I think it will grow on people, it's definitely different than their other material

5. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

It stinks how much this band fell off since Fake History.

OdeToTheSun and mattylikesfilms like this.
  6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Damn it sounds like no one likes this record. I liked Good Morning America but that was it..

7. what

Regular

Majority of users on here haven't been huge on the album, but responses on Twitter have been mostly positive that I've seen. I personally love it, it misses every now and then, but overall it's great.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Wow what the fuck happened to this band? Man.. not feeling this much and I love Fake History/Blackest Beautiful.

Ugh.

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm confused because I remember Jason doing an interview where he said this new album would be a return to the sounds of Fake History.. Or something in that sense. This couldn't be any further..

10. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I havent liked a letlive release since Fake History. Blackest Beautiful was okay but the production ruined it and this new one sounds like fall out boy and pierce the veil had some stupid baby together.

Its frustrating because Fake History is one of my favourite albums of all time.

11. LightsOut

Regular

Please re release blackest beautiful with better production

12. JoshRaptorTire

My Dinosaur Life

I love this album!

13. garyoso

Newbie Prestigious

This album is incredible in my opinion. At 29 years old, I am happy to see a band unafraid of changing up their sound. Fake History was an album YEARS in the making before they got signed. Blackest Beautiful was an obvious hint they were going for a different sound on this album. How anyone surprised is beyond me. The band are a lot older than most bands that pop up in popularity so I'm happy to see these guys grow as they have.

This album touches many issues that a lot of these post hardcore bands don't. This album rules, it's my opinion; and I can't wait to listen to some of these songs on tour.

14. Bummer not too many users are feeling this album, I like it a lot (despite being disappointed in the singles) and think it's interesting and different enough to keep me guessing where it will go next throughout its duration. Really cool of the band to sponsor the site, too!

15. lpfan799

Yeah this album was way too soft for me. I didn't care for the 3 original singles prior to the release, but it doesnt have that cool hard catchiness to it like fake and blackest had. I gave this album 3/10 and can understand why some members didnt want the change in direction. Sorry fellas - i second the blackest better production and wtf happened to RENDITIONS????

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  16. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

I've always been just a casual letlive. fan but I really like this. Cool that they did something a little different, kinda reminds me of the route Pianos Become the Teeth took.

17. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

First song was great. Second song definitely sounded like Uma Thurman.. I'm excited to listen to more. Jason is such a great vocalist that it still makes the songs fun in my opinion

18. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

Listened to the first half of the album today and wasn't feeling it, but I'll try the whole thing later and reassess

19. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

The band didn't want to write the same record it's as simple as that. Yeah, it's not as hard hitting, but if you really dive into the lyrics and context of the album it's pretty darn good.

20. NotBruce

Regular

Yeah, same. I'm absolutely loving it. Didn't you have a review up on the album? Always been a fan of your reviews, was curious on your thoughts.

21. I do not, unfortunately haha I was going to review it but ended up trading Drew for Tegan and Sara. Thanks though! That seriously means a lot. I'll give it a few more listens and happily quote you with some more of my thoughts, if you're interested.

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Gave this a few more spins over the weekend hoping it would click.

It didn't. Sad times. I love Letlive. so this sucks.

23. NotBruce

Regular

Yeah man, absolutely. I'm still formulating why it is that I like it so much, because it is a bit of a "departure" record and those are really hit or miss for me.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. Definitely. I was just saying in the album thread that, although only time will tell, this could be their In Reverie or Warning. And the musical departure is polarizing, so most of the feelings I've seen about it are valid, but the lyricism is heavy and pulls no punches imo.

25. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Am I the only one who thought the lyrics were sometimes a step backwards here? I still need to go through all of them, but there are some tracks on here that I think are their worst.