Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 Sell Out O2 in Three Hours

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. jordanjohnson09

Regular

amazing. doesn't look like any of these on the VA/ NC run are going to sell out, and these are only 4-5k capacity? there are a ton available for raleigh. weird.

3. Brandon339

Newbie Supporter

So happy for this band! It's amazing how they still play the Eagles Ballroom in Milwaukee and that took a bit to sell out.

4. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Capacity at the O2 is 20,000.

Congrats....that's big time!

5. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

[​IMG]

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Have any other bands sold it out recently?

7. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

This is more of a big deal because some of the seats in the O2 are fucking terrible haha. I love these guys, but I don't like gigs at The O2. I'm sure they will make it special though and turn it into a proper visual spectacle. If they announce another date I'd consider going standing, but yeah..

8. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

Well-deserved. I appreciate how humble Matty has been about this. He's made a point to mention he knows what this means for the band and how some fans that have been there from the beginning must be feeling. They don't want "their" band to slip away from them. It's admirable that he shares in that sentiment.

I was taken aback by how humble and genuine he was when I saw their show at Red Rocks last month. You could tell it meant so much for them as band to play there. Matty had to step away several times because he got emotional. He also played She Lays Down for the first time live after the band insisted he do it.

This band is exceptionally talented and I could not be more excited for them. Their show was unlike anything I have ever seen before.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  9. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Put it this way, it's the venue the likes of Justin Timberlake, Adele, Bieber etc. play and sell out when they come to London.

10. Wouldn't be surprised if they filmed this one for a proper release

11. Wall Of Arms

I sincerely hope so, I feel like it's in their wheelhouse. They could make a really cool, unique DVD/Blu-Ray release really pushing the art and music union together with awesome emphasis.

12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Well it's slightly different since all those artists do like 4 dates there.

13. Wall Of Arms

I wouldn't be surprised if more dates are added...

14. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I'm surprised they haven't added one already.

15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Crazy!

16. lolfpcmlol

Regular

My opinion of them totally changed this last album. I still find his voice annoying on some songs but for the most part it suits the sound of the new album much better and the fact that it's 17 songs long with a lot of variety is amazing.