Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lil Dicky – “Molly” (feat. Brendon Urie) Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Damn. That was a whole lot deeper than expected. The feels.

3. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Lil Dicky is one of the worst things to happen to rap in awhile.

Aaron Mook and Jake W like this.
  4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Definitely not what I expected!

5. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

Fuck. Now I'm teary eyed. heh. Not into this type of music really, but this got me in the feels.

6. The Format

Regular

Have you listened to G-Eazy, Hoodie Allen, Azaelia Banks, Young Thug, Chief Keef..... They are all much worse. Lil Dicky does joke songs but he's stylistically pretty talented.

7. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Lol.

Azaelia Banks maybe has a reprehensible personality but the music she makes is excellent. Young Thug is one of the current best making music. Chief Keef is one of the most influential as well since his rise to popularity in 2011. G-Eazy and Hoodie Allen are in fact terrible and do not belong in the conversation with those other three. Lil Dicky mocks black culture and openly gains from it. It's gross on top of the fact that his music sucks. Rapping fast is not something I find impressive.

8. The Format

Regular

I'll admit that my dislike for Azaelia Banks is 95% based on her personality.

Young Thug and Chief Keef are terrible. I understand that they are influential (not sure why) and that Chief Keef helped bring 'trap' into the spot light. I don't believe there is any substance to their music. Can you provide any lyrical examples where they have done something noteworthy? I'm open minded - if you can show me something unique, or relatable (because I don't think 95% or more of their fans can relate to their songs), I'd be happy to listen.

G-Eazy and Hoodie Allen are terrible. We can agree on that.

Lil Dicky - "makes fun of black culture and gains from it." Sure. And I guess no black rappers make fun of white culture and gain from it. Young Thug and Chief Keef are lyrically terrible but you and a lot of other people still seem to like them. Why can't you just chalk Lil Dicky's lyrics up to being terrible the same way most people chalk Chief Keefs lyrics up as terrible and appreciate his ability? I think Chief Keef is more detrimental to black culture than Lil Dicky could ever be - besides he has a lot of credible black rappers who support him.

F.Y.I. - I'm not even a big Lil Dicky fan...

[​IMG]
    Tyler. The Creator

9. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Lyrics are not the only part of a song. You don't have to be "lyrical" to be important.

10. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

jesus fucking christ

a) fuck this racist asshole motherfucker "rapper"
    b) you are being deliberately obtuse if you compare chief keef and young thug and azealia to fucking g eazy or this dumb parody piece of shit
    c) anyone who cries "reverse racism" over imaginary lyrics where black rappers mock white people is probably a racist

Arry, incognitojones and TheWater(s) like this.
  11. The Format

Regular

I would agree with that for most genres. Rap is not one of the genres because a rapper's instrument is his voice/words. Most don't even make their own music. They are only responsible for their words and sometimes production.

12. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

im gonna have an aneurysm

TheWater(s) likes this.
  13. The Format Jun 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 10, 2016)
    The Format

Regular

Did I hit a nerve? That's fine if you don't like him. I don't even like him all that much - maybe 5-6 songs tops. And I'm not being 'obtuse' they all have their place and are better than G-Eazy and Hoodie. Azaelia Banks is the biggest racist out of all the ones I named - what makes it okay for her? That's the shit I don't like.

14. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

His entire "schtick" depends on "haha look at me using these rap tropes to poke fun at all these people who have lived entirely different experiences than i have im gonna mock them and use them to get rich" its disgusting

You are being obtuse. Thug is one of the most interesting lyricists working currently, and Keef has gone so far down a weirdo outsider rabbithole I'm not sure what he'll do next and I doubt you've listened to anything he's done since 2012, when he was a kid reacting to and depicting the culture and environment he was born into as a result of long standing institutionalized violence, oppression, and segregation.

Anyone who wants to whine about black people making fun of white people is like, 95% guaranteed to be racist, no matter your very "stirring" defense of "I'm not racist."

15. The Format Jun 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 10, 2016)
    The Format

Regular

[​IMG]

16. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

The only thing I've gained from making fun of white culture is the respect of this site's community. So not much.

ChaseTx likes this.
  17. ZeoVGM

Regular

Wow, I've never even heard of this guy. I just saw this video, thought both it and the song were fantastic and people seem very angry.

johnnyferris and Brand New like this.
  18. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I love this video. His friends lines about "she texted me saying she got cold feet" hits even harder when you realize what's going on

19. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Awful lotta honkies up in here...

St. Nate likes this.
  20. brandon

Regular Prestigious

Watched the video expecting to get a couple of laughs, but all I got was feels

21. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I just wanna say that my daily life became so much better after I started listening to Young Thug

22. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Glad he did a video for this one. I'd like to see him do more songs like this.

23. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Well that was terrible

24. CAC3

Dog

I like Lil' Dicky. I think he's actually pretty talented, even if he is writing joke songs 90% of the time.