Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chvrches – “Bury It” (feat. Hayley Williams)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. AngryMan

Regular

Too similar to the original, and her voice doesn't quite work with Lauren's.

3. bertbro

I kind of wish Hayley was singing the whole thing.....>-p

4. SPine

Trusted

Absolutely love it

5. brandon

Regular Prestigious

Does Hayley sound different to anyone else? I'm not sure if it's just more heavily processed than Paramore's vocals usually are to fit in with Chvrches' style, but it sounds off to me. I don't think that Hayley's vocals made this song better in the same way that Vicious Love did.

That being said, I always love hearing Hayley's voice. Based on the pictures they've been posting recently, hopefully we'll hear some new Paramore tunes before the end of the year

6. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

horrid

7. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

She's singing in a slightly different register than she normally does-- Lauren's range is more of a traditional soprano and Hayley is clearly trying to mimick that. I'm not picking up a more processing than is normal for studio versions of a song. If you listen to the live video from Parahoy, she sounds pretty much the same as she does there.