Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore and Zac Farro, Just Eating Dinner

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

bmoney389 likes this.
  2. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Cool?

3. CheapPop

Regular

IF hes drumming on this album, oh man. If I wasn't already pumped enough.

AelNire likes this.
  4. Rustash

Thing-doer

Zac always seemed like the cooler of the two Farros to me. Would be psyched to have him back.

AelNire and heymattrick like this.
  5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

So it LOOKS like Justin Meldal-Johnsen, the fourth person in that picture and the guy who produced Paramore's self-titled, might be joining the band. He just left his longtime gig as Beck's bassist last month according to Wiki. Obviously that leads credence to the idea that Zac could also be re-joining... we'll see.

AelNire likes this.
  6. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

That line up would be amazing.

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. shea

RIP Supporter

Hope something comes of this.

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. michael_gatto

Trusted

Zac drumming on the new record would be amazing. Especially since the band is still on good terms with Zac, please let this be what's happening.

AelNire and beachdude42 like this.
  9. teel

Regular

I think the more likely and logical implication here is simply that Justin is producing again. Perhaps tracking bass on the album, but he is a quite busy producer, so I don't know if I would jump to the conclusion of actually joining.

Zac on the other hand, there's little reason for them to post a picture and make a comment like that unless he is back or at least is playing on the next album.

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. maddiekayray

Who's scruffy-lookin'?

I've been hopin for this since 2010. Oh, god.

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. Kristen

Regular

I'd love to have Zac back on the drums for them. Such as talented guy with a unique style

beachdude42 likes this.
  12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah you're probably right.

13. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

The picture itself makes me happy. The idea that Zac would rejoin makes me happier.

14. underoath

She broke your throne and she cut your hair...

The only thing I am taking from this is, that Aaron won't be available to record or tour with Paramore due to Underoath recording a new album...... Wishful thinking maybe, but just maybe, just maybe......

15. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I don't think Aaron was ever brought in to do any recording. When he talked about Paramore doing a new record, he made it sound like there were no plans for him to be involved with that process. He was just a live performer based on his comments on different podcasts.

I do agree that Farro coming back leads to the idea that Underoath is going to be more active than we initially thought. Even for someone as busy as Aaron is, you don't leave the Paramore gig unless there is something that can fill that void (economically and emotionally). Underoath would certainly be that.

16. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I would definitely be all in for that. Always thought he was a great drummer and seems like an enjoyable guy.

17. bmoney389

Although Ilan Rubin is an excellent drummer, his drumming just didn't have the same feel as Zac's on their last album. Whether he rejoins or not, I hope he at least plays on the new album. Can't wait!

18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Ilan did great, whereas getting Aaron would be a nice touch, but I'd be happy to see them recording with Zac (and maybe doing some more spacey stuff like what they were playing after BNE, and before S/T). The only thing for me is that I really hoped I'd see them live with Aaron! Although there might be more good out of this, like some people said - maybe UO starting to be more active as well :))

19. ianzandi

Regular

He did an acoustic show last month and said that he's been doing session work in LA as well as releasing the new solo project in August. Maybe more Underoath next year?

20. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Also, did anybody like HalfNoise? To me it's pretty great! Much much better than what Josh F. came up with lately.

21. I love Zac Farro's drumming, but I also love Ilan Rubin's. Don't make me choose!

22. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I'd be down for a triple album, with all of the different drummers haha ;p

teebs41 and BigMouth like this.
  23. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Glad other people are excited for this if it even happens. Pumped.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I just saw Beck at Gov Ball (this year was bullshit) on last Friday and they introduced their new bassist. He was rad. I could see Justin joining, we'll see.

I met Zac before in LA a while back and he was super down to earth and nice. Good vibes like that need to be brought back into the band, talent behind the kit aside.

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm more of a fan of Ilan than Zac when it comes to Drummers but both are super talented. I still think Aric Improta from Night Verses is one of the most underrated drummers out right now though.