Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard to Release Self-Titled Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Yellowcard will release their self-titled album on September 29th.

Track Listing

1. Rest In Peace
    2. Empty Street
    3. Got Yours
    4. A Place We Set Afire
    5. Leave A Light On
    6. The Hurt Is Gone
    7. What Appears
    8. I’m A Wrecking Ball
    9. Savior’s Robes
    10. Fields & Fences

[​IMG]

2. What's that weird text watermark on the photo? Other than that, this seems exciting. Very different album cover for them .

3. Updated:

I talked to the band and the track listing isn’t quite right and those weird watermark letters don’t appear in the artwork. Oh, and this album is going to fucking rule.

ianebaldwin and Robk like this.
  4. TDenverFan

Regular

Wonder how similar Empty Street is to the Big If version

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  5. CheapPop

Regular

So, has @Jason Tate heard the album already?!

Really hoping I dig this more than Lift A Sail.

6. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

That album artwork is pretty underwhelming, especially considering the watermarks probably means it's a stock photo. Better than Lift A Sail's art though I guess. Regardless, I'm super excited for this album.

7. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

No it's a photo one of the dudes in the band took not a stock photo.

8. Band - Yellowcard

Mendez took it.

9. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Really looking foward to this.

10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

"Yellowcard will release their self-titled album..."

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"...on September 29th."

[​IMG]

For real though, this album is going to be amazing. Even though Lift A Sail is pretty far from my favorite Yellowcard album, I still loved a bunch of the songs and respected them for taking the risk, even if I didn't personally respond to it. And they're still such an exciting band. I'm probably alone on here in hoping they return to more elements of their older sound but that's just how it goes. Can't wait to hear the first single.

11. Smage Jun 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 6, 2016)
    Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

I'm beyond excited for this. I read in the other thread that this could be their last album. I dont know how true that is but it seems plausible and the thought of that is making my stomach hurt. :concerned:

12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Really digging the artwork. Hoping for a perfect fall record.

13. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

2016 is fucking savage.

14. sebastianrcgr

fact. really excited for this, can't wait for an official announcement + pre-orders

15. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I am excited for this!! Favourite band

sebastianrcgr likes this.
  16. RoKKeR

The Fly

Damn, where did this come from!? Super stoked, if not a bit bummed that it's still so far away. Kind of neat that it's self-titled (trying not to read too much into it) and I'm digging the album art. Mendez is a great photographer and minimalist, real-world photos always make for great album art.

Wonder when the first single is dropping.

17. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I constantly forget how great Lift a Sail is until I listen to it. This band has such a crazy work ethic and hands mastered quantity with quality.
    I love that artwork!

Spencer Rhoton and fran.182 like this.
  18. punchlinekid

this wind changed me..

If it was the beginning of January and this was coming out the end of April it wouldn't seem so long from now. I guess the fact that Summer's officially over by then is the reason. Stupid seasons.

19. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Imagine thinking this and LAS have bad artwork...

supernovagirl likes this.
  20. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Empty Street was a Big If song, right? I remember hearing they are going for a sound closer to the pre-Lift a Sail stuff, wonder if that's true. I am all for growth - I adore Lights and Sounds - but wasn't a big fan of Lift a Sail.

21. Schooner

Trusted

Damn they work quick. I haven't absorb lift a sail yet

22. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I urge people to go and listen to Lift A Sail again. Such an underrated album. I mean, sure, it's not as strong as the effort before it, Southern Air, but it is still an amazing album. Really excited to hear what they follow it up with.

Scoob and Craig Manning like this.
  23. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I just checked and Lift a Sail actually came out in October 2014 so when this comes out it will have been almost 2 years...hard to believe.

Schooner likes this.
  24. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Ugh I have to wait til September?!

I actually really like that cover.

I just hope it's better than Lift a Sail

25. Fox83

Trusted

I don't know why that was even brought up. I think it was just speculation from one person who wondered why it would be self-titled.